Stocking 60 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Layd2rest_apes

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am new to this forum and am hoping for some help on deciding how to stock my newly setup 60 gallon tank. I am cycling it now. I already have a healthy 30 gallon glofish tank and originally set this 60 gallon up as another glofish tank because I love the colors. So I want to put glo tetras and glo danios in it but I want my tank to be interesting top to bottom so what other fish would you add to keep with the colorful theme? Here are the ones I've researched and can't decide between so I need suggestions. I got lost in all my research. ��
First how many of each glow fish for my schools?
Then here's the list of other possible fish
I really like discus but not sure if they'll belong
So...
Discus
Gouramis
Guppies
Rasboras
Dwarf cichlids?
Loaches
Plecos
Killifish
Platy
Or any other suggestions and how to create a beautiful but peaceful tank.
I don't have many bottom dweller choices here do I need more?

Attachments

• 15867525444913661912730814052990.jpg
    15867525444913661912730814052990.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 30
10 of each glofish will work.
How rounded is the gravel? The majority of bottom dwelling fish don't have scales so they need a soft or rounded substrate.
Skip the discus, they need higher temperatures and are delicate.
Guppies may or may not get nipped because of their tails.
I know rasboras and platys are peaceful fish so adding either would work. The platys I have will scavenge for food on the bottom of the tank and eat some algae.

10 of each glofish will work.
How rounded is the gravel? The majority of bottom dwelling fish don't have scales so they need a soft or rounded substrate.
Skip the discus, they need higher temperatures and are delicate.
Guppies may or may not get nipped because of their tails.
I know rasboras and platys are peaceful fish so adding either would work. The platys I have will scavenge for food on the bottom of the tank and eat some algae.

Thank you for the detailed advice. My gravel is just the typical gravel.

Back
Top Bottom