Stocking A 15Gallon Column Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boilerwxman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am well on my way fishless cycling my 15 Gal Column tank. (Nitrite & Nitrate are spiking high and 4 ppm ammonia is reduced to nearly 0 in less than 24 hours.)

I am now thinking ahead to stocking this tank. We currently have 3 mollies in a 5gal tank waiting to be moved (they are still young but growing fast) Here is what we have and will be starting with in the 15 gal tank

1 Dalmatian Mollie
1 Balloon Bellied Mollie
1 Silver Mollie

What suggestions do you have for additional fish and amount of additional fish? Wife would like a dwarf African Frog, we were also looking at the GloFish and maybe adding a Platy.

Also on a side note. Once we moved the Mollies to the 15 gallon we would like to move our male betta to the 5 gallon. Could we add a few tetras to that tank or should we leave him alone in the tank... Thank you

Probably best to leave the betta alone.

In the 15, I think you could do 3-5 small schooling fish in addition to an ADF and your mollies. I would not recommend glofish in a column tank as they need horizontal space to swim.

Back
Top Bottom