Stocking a 20 gallon tall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skull69

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I currently have a 10 gal with 2 zebra danios and 2 cory catfish. It's been up and running for almost 3 years. I recently got a new 20 gal tall tank and I am getting close to the end of my fishless cycle.
I want to move the 4 fish over to the new tank and add some more eventually over time.
I have a Top Fin power filter 20 (in the 20 gal now) and an Aqua Tech 5-15 in the 10 gal. Would I want to run both filters ? Will this list make the tank over stocked ?
I've read that the danios can pester the Gourami so I'm not sure what to believe. Sorry for all the questions.
I just started getting into this more, but unfortunately, I really can’t go bigger than a 20 gal right now.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks.
6 x Zebra Danio (Danio rerio)
2 x Guppy (Poecilia reticulata)
1 x Red Cherry Shrimp (Neocaridina heteropoda)
3 x Dwarf Cory (Corydoras hastatus)
1 x Dwarf Gourami (Colisa lalia)

Hi, I currently have a 10 gal with 2 zebra danios and 2 cory catfish. It's been up and running for almost 3 years. I recently got a new 20 gal tall tank and I am getting close to the end of my fishless cycle.
I want to move the 4 fish over to the new tank and add some more eventually over time.
I have a Top Fin power filter 20 (in the 20 gal now) and an Aqua Tech 5-15 in the 10 gal. Would I want to run both filters ? Will this list make the tank over stocked ?
I've read that the danios can pester the Gourami so I'm not sure what to believe. Sorry for all the questions.
I just started getting into this more, but unfortunately, I really can’t go bigger than a 20 gal right now.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks.
6 x Zebra Danio (Danio rerio)
2 x Guppy (Poecilia reticulata)
1 x Red Cherry Shrimp (Neocaridina heteropoda)
3 x Dwarf Cory (Corydoras hastatus)
1 x Dwarf Gourami (Colisa lalia)

You're stock is fine but alittle weird.

6 x Zebra Danio (Danio rerio) GOOD
2 x Guppy (Poecilia reticulata) If you get a male and female the male will pester the female to death.
1 x Red Cherry Shrimp (Neocaridina heteropoda) Will possibly get eaten.
3 x Dwarf Cory (Corydoras hastatus) GOOD
1 x Dwarf Gourami (Colisa lalia) Sort-of odd one out of the bunch. IMO

If you want shrimp and plenty of fish this is what I would do.

10 x Zebra Danio (Danio rerio)
4 x Dwarf Cory (Corydoras hastatus)
As many Amano Shrimp as you can afford. Amano shrimp are much larger than Red Cherry Shrimp so no worry about them getting eaten.

Back
Top Bottom