Stocking a 26 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ezimmer1990

Aquarium Advice Activist
I need help. I'm getting a 26 gallon Aqueon bow front aquarium for christmas.. Fish that I could find at places like petsmart and petco would be nice. Also, fish that are not too expensive would be great. Do you know of any sites where you can order fish? Ideas? Thanks. :)

Are there any particular species that you're interested in?

You should check out our classified section to see who's selling what right now.

Hi,

It depends on what fish you want. Schoolers, pair of fish or centerpiece?

Look on Aquabid, LiveAquaria, or check out the Classifieds here on AquariamAdvice. Wait for severum mama and HN1 to post a list of what they're selling, they have some of the best fish ever :)

LyndaB said:
Are there any particular species that you're interested in?

You should check out our classified section to see who's selling what right now.

Well I have platies, neon tetras, and a Cory cat in my 10 gallon. Any fish that would mix well with them.

bruinsbro1997 said:
Hi,

It depends on what fish you want. Schoolers, pair of fish or centerpiece?

Look on Aquabid, LiveAquaria, or check out the Classifieds here on AquariamAdvice. Wait for severum mama and HN1 to post a list of what they're selling, they have some of the best fish ever :)

Not really a centerpiece. Something that would get along with platies, neon tetras, and Cory cats. Could I get a pair of angels? If so, what else could I put in with them, if anything?

Ezimmer1990 said:
Well I have platies, neon tetras, and a Cory cat in my 10 gallon. Any fish that would mix well with them.

Well that's a good mix:). How many of each of those do you have and what type of cory cat? I'd give the Cory cat and the neons groups of at least 6. With that you can choose from getting another school of fish or a larger fish. Since you stated that you want an angelfish, how tall is the tank? And how attached to the neons are you? Angels have been known to eat neons because neons are the prey to angels in the wild... Also angels get pretty large, so a height of 18" is needed!

How many of each type of fish? What kind of cories?

Not really a centerpiece. Something that would get along with platies, neon tetras, and Cory cats. Could I get a pair of angels? If so, what else could I put in with them, if anything?

Are all the platies, tetras, and cories going to go in the 26 Gallon Tank?

If you get a pair of angels for your 26 Gallon Tank, I wouldn't put anything else in the tank.

bruinsbro1997 said:
How many of each type of fish? What kind of cories?

Are all the platies, tetras, and cories going to go in the 26 Gallon Tank?

If you get a pair of angels for your 26 Gallon Tank, I wouldn't put anything else in the tank.

4 neons. 1 Cory. 3 platies. It's an emerald green Cory cat.

I'm not sure yet.. Maybe I could just not do angels at all and have something different? I'm looking on liveaquaria.com.

You definitely need to boost the number on your school of neons and add another 3-4 corys. Some species require schools and these are two of them.

You definitely need to boost the number on your school of neons and add another 3-4 corys. Some species require schools and these are two of them.

+1

So you could do 8 Neons, 4 Corys, the 3 Platy and maybe a centerpiece fish like a Dwarf Gourami?

librarygirl said:
+1

So you could do 8 Neons, 4 Corys, the 3 Platy and maybe a centerpiece fish like a Dwarf Gourami?

I had a dwarf gourami, but it nipped fins. :(

Back
Top Bottom