Stocking a 37 Gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmwellington

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Recently I started stocking my tank. I've had fish for years, but never dabbled with freshwater schooling type fish; I'm normally a chiclid person. Is my tank overstocked?

2 Dwarf Gouramis
4 Gold Barbs
4 Long Finned Serpae Tetras
6 Long Finned Zebra Danios
3 Long Finned Leopard Danios (moved from another tank due to aggression-not planned)
1 Hi-fin Black Skirt Tetra
1 Hi-fin White Tetra (I always forget it's name)

The last two were impulse buys, I'd like to make a small school of them, but that might be pushing my tank.

I check my levels and do partial water changes weekly. I don't over feed and am switching from primarily flakes to frozen food. I've read it's healthier, easier to control portions and doesn't add as much waste.

If my tank is truly overstocked, what are my options?
I have a 10g tank with 2 Serpae Tetras and 1 Black Phantom Tetra that I can add to from the larger tank..

I used Aquaadvisor and it says 113% capacity, but I know there is some wiggle room.

Any positive input would be appreciated!

Your Tank

Hello jm...

Hopefully, all the fish will get along. Barbs are typically aggressive. This would be the only issue. You have the fish, so just make sure you don't neglect their tank water. Feed a little variety every day and make sure you're keeping the dissolved fish waste out of the tank. Large, weekly water changes are the only way to keep the water clean. The more water you change and the more often you do it, the better.

B

Back
Top Bottom