Stocking a 38 Gallon Community?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dukie1346

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there! A couple days ago I got a used 38 gallon tank, and need help with stocking iit! I have never owned an aquarium this big before; I have many bettas, and the largest tank I own is a 10 gallon. I don't have much experience owning other fish. I have had corys and glowlight tetras, but that is about it other than betta fish. This is quite a big jump for me!

Anyway, I plan to use pool filter sand as substrate, and I will be planting it with fairly simple plants, like java fern, anubias, water wisteria, etc. I am going to be using this tank to learn more about fishkeeping and aquarium plants. The filter I will be using is an Aqueon 55/75 HOB filter.

I was thinking of the following stocking:

5 X Guppies (Male)
8 X Harlequin Rasboras
8 X Cardinal Tetras
8 X Julii Corys

I entered this into Aqadvisor, and it said it would be 94% stocked. Is this okay? What are your opinions of this set up? Should I increase or decrease anything?

Thank you!

Looks fine to me, as long as you do medium water changes every week or so. All of those fish are pretty hardy, so you shouldn't have a problem caring for them.

Nice choices! If I did it though I would replace the cardinals with 10 glowlights because I love them a lot. And I would replace the guppies with 6 endlers. I will follow, and hope you have fun with the new tank.

Sent via TIE Fighter

Back
Top Bottom