Stocking a 55 Gallon tank, have questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snakeprophet

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My tank is nearly done cycling. I am trying to figure out what to put in it. I do plan on doing a low tech planted tank. I want either pearl gouramis or angel fish, or possibly both if possible. I'd like about 2 or so groups of schooling fish, danios or tetras. Please help me fill my 55 gallon aquarium. I want a nice community tank.

How about:

1 angelfish
10 Cardinal tetras
8 zebra danios
6 Sterbai corydora or 12 Pygmy corydora

Caleb

Thanks for the suggestion. I assume gourami and angels aren't compatible? Also, couldn't I do 2 angels so they can pair or is one better?

Pairing angles isn't easy. You need to usually have a group of them until you see two that have paired off. Maybe you could purchase a pair, that may cost a but more though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Pairing angles isn't easy. You need to usually have a group of them until you see two that have paired off. Maybe you could purchase a pair, that may cost a but more though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Adding onto that, Angels are cichlids and are aggressive during breeding. Honestly for a peaceful community tank I would only have 1.

Caleb

I recommend Rummynose Tetras for your schooling fish. They are as kewl as you've heard! Just got 8 myself for the first time.

Back
Top Bottom