Stocking a large tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hlgromit

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello All

I currently have a 64lt tank which has platys, danios and bumblebee gobys in.

I've just upgraded to a 5ft 520litre tank which I'm looking to stock.

I would ideally like the following fish -

Male Boesman Rainbow
Gold ring hill stream loach
Elephant nose
Sterbai Cory
Clown Loach
Ruby Shark
Gold Nugget Plec or leopard frog plec
Neon Blue dwarf Gourami

Firstly are all these fish suitable together, along with the ones I currently own?
I currently have 50 percent soft water and 50 percent tap water, is this necessary? I was advised I would need this for the Gold nugget Plec.
What would the ideal water temperature be for this lot?

Advice would be useful please or if you have any better suggestions for stocking the tank im all ears :)

I suggest you look up the requirements of each of these fish - lots of sites on the internet will give you that information. I suspect there will be a variety of different needs. When you decide, I suggest fewer species but several of each species as fish are generally more happy and healthy in schools or shoals of their own kind. Second, mixing soft water with tap water doesn't really say anything. How soft and what pH is the soft water and what is the hardness and pH of the tap water? There is a wide range of soft and tap water, so you need to test the two and then test the mixture to see the result. Then compare it to the fishes' needs.

Back
Top Bottom