Stocking Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Satyricon553

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It's my first aquarium so I don't know too much about stocking. I know the archaic rule of 1 inch of fish per gallon, but don't know a better way to tell when I'm fully stocked.

I have a 38 gallon, lightly planted. I'm running a seeded sponge filter from Angel's Plus and an AquaClear 70.

I currently have the following stock:

10 ghost shrimp
6 cories (I'm sure 5 of them are spotted cories, but am not certain that the 6th is. i posted a thread here that didn't end in a consensus. It might be a juli)
6 longfin zebra danios
8 neon tetras

Eventually I want to add a Pearl Gourami.

I'd be happy with another school of something, but not sure if I could swing it. Alternatively, I'd be OK with another couple of centerpiece fish, but am really unknowledgeable when it comes to something like that. Any suggestions on what might work? It's currently pretty plain, so anything exciting looking would be great.

If I can add another school or other centerpiece fish, what order should I add them in? Before or after the Pearl Gourami?

I wouldnt go with the one inche rule, you'll find fault with it, there is a website that would be helpful To use just give me a moment

IMO you have room for the gourami and another small school as long as you keep up your water changes. You could always up the schools you have and call it a day. )

I'm having trouble finding another school that fits my setup.

I'd like something either green or yellow. Maybe something red.

I'd rather not have them breed because I don't want to deal with chancing of getting really overstocked.

Anyone have a suggestion on something I should look at?

Back
Top Bottom