Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-10-2009, 06:12 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Stocking Aquarium

I am about to start up my first aquarium in the next few days. Right now I am planning a 55 gallon freshwater and had a question about stocking it. As of now I am planning on having 4 angelfish, 4 gouramis, 6 black skirt tetras, and 1 synodontis angelicus catfish. Does this look ok for a 55 gallon? Also, I've seen websites that say you should always keep gouramis in groups of 4 or more and i've also seen some that say you shouldn't keep them together at all. I was thinking maybe 1 male and 3 female gouramis but am still not sure. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.
Also, which gouramis would be a good choice for this size tank?

Old 09-10-2009, 07:01 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

i dont no about the gouramis but everything else should be fine. also make sure uve cycled the tank b4 u add fish though

VOTE FOR AA
bmg07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:53 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to Aquarium1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmg07 View Post
i dont no about the gouramis but everything else should be fine. also make sure uve cycled the tank b4 u add fish though
+1 although I don't know much about gouramis, pearl gouramis are the most peaceful/(beautiful imo) lol
Aquarium1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to AA first. If you have not already cycled your tank please read the links in my signature about cycling. That is step number 1 to a happy healthy aquarium.
spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:33 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonman View Post
Welcome to AA first. If you have not already cycled your tank please read the links in my signature about cycling. That is step number 1 to a happy healthy aquarium.
If you are going to cycle the tank using fish then I wouldsuggest a pair of mollies as if they survive the cycling (which they most likely will very hardy imo) then they will be fine with the fish listed also.

Tags
stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com