stocking for 90

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeatherW

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was hoping I could get some help on stocking my tanks. I have had some deaths in my 90 gallon and want to round out my schools and get everyone happy, but I also do not want to be overcrowded.

so here is what I have and what I want to get. can you tell me if this would be overstocked?
90 gallon tank - running 2 aquaclear 110s

current:
3 rainbows (2 bosemani, 1 truquoise)
2 molly (1 male, 1 female)
2 German blue Ram (1 male, 1 female)
6 polka dot loach
14 harlequin rasbora

would like to add:
1 molly (female)
3 rainbows

can I also add 3 platy (1m,2f) and possibly a pleco - maybe a bristle nose or another smaller one?

if I get some babies to survive from the mollies or platies then I plan on keeping them in the tank for 3-4 months then sell them to my lfs.

oh and one more. I have 3 neons in my 5 gallon that I want to move into either the 20 or 90 gallon. I am thinking of moving them to the 90 gallon and then adding 2 more to fill out their school. will this work?

so final stock would be (if I do all this)
6 rainbows
3 molly
3 platy
2 German blue rams
6 polka dot loach
1 bristle nose (or similar) pleco
14 harlequin rasbora
5 neon tetra

That sounds good I would up it to 8 rainbows and 10 neon tetras but everything else looks good

Looks good to me, I don't think it would be overstocked but probably at capacity. Plecos like to munch on driftwood. Have fun! :D

I don't have driftwood in there. how important is that for them? I have a sunken boat theme so there are "caves" for them to hide in, but no driftwood

They really do need driftwood because it aids in their digestion.

Sorry you had some losses, I've had problems in my new 90g too. I hope you get things how you want them soon!
I remember the pics of your tank :) I'm sure you could put some DW in there, even if it's hidded behind the ship!

Back
Top Bottom