Stocking ideas fir my 15 litre tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kitekat87

Aquarium Advice Freak
Know this is a very small tank and options are limited but just thought I would get some ideas. The tank has a filter and a heater. It is currently cycling.

I know the most popular choices are going to be either a betta or a shrimp tank but does anyone have any other suggestions for stocking it??

that's about 3 us gallons... Which some may argue isn't even enough for a betta. Most recommend at least 5 gallons for shrimp and or betta.

I really can't think of anything else that would be suitable for anything so small.. I've read of people keeping African dwarf frogs in tiny tanks like this but there is a lot of conflicting opinion on this as well. Some say yes and some say absolutely not, that they need at least 5 gallons. I tend to stick with the bigger is better and personally wouldn't go this route.

This really probably wasn't very helpful at all. Sorry. :ermm:

Yes, unfortunately a 3 gal tank isn't really suitable for any fish, not even a group of nano fish. A single betta is pushing it but maybe doable. Shrimp and snails are your best bets unless you can upgrade to at least a 5 or 6 gal, that'll give you a few more options.

Only option I see is betta. But I used to have mine in a 3 gallon and I thought he was pretty active for a betta but after I got him in his 10 , wow he's almost never still. In a 3 I'd only do snails or shrimp or grow some plants, I wouldn't put a fish in it again probably.

Back
Top Bottom