Stocking Ideas For 29 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NYFishGuy714

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys...

I was wondering if I could have some people suggest stocking layouts for my 29 gal tank?. All I know for sure is I would like some type of cory catfish in the mix. I know I need to cycle the tank beforehand which is my plan, just wanted to have ideas ready for when it go time.

As a matter of fact while I'm asking that question, if I only wanted cory catfish in the tank how many could I have?
Thanks...:cool:

Here is a pic of my cory breeding tank. It's no frills 29g with one betta. I keep albino cory for breeding. 75 degrees live, frozen and Hikari sinking wafers and they breed like mad. They enjoy their little flower pot houses. Make sure you do a sand bottom. I recommend pool filter sand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1440686766430.jpg
    1440686766430.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 67
Depends on the kinds of cory if you want to do all cories

Well I definitely still want to think of community tank stocking options too but the cory option seems nice as well. I was thinking some cory on the smaller side, I want something that is hardy as well...:)

Here is a pic of my cory breeding tank. It's no frills 29g with one betta. I keep albino cory for breeding. 75 degrees live, frozen and Hikari sinking wafers and they breed like mad. They enjoy their little flower pot houses. Make sure you do a sand bottom. I recommend pool filter sand.

Yeah I will most definitely use pool filter sand. I'm still not sure if I will end up doing a community tank or just some cory but do you think they will breed a lot if I have just them in the tank? I'm not sure I want to go that route if that's the case lol

I've never gotten them to breed in a community tank because the corys prefer cooler water than other fish. By themselves they breed all the time.

Maybe 8 or so albino cories, a dwarf gourami, and a school of small/medium tetras?

I am getting ready to put a school of neon tetra's and some Black Mollies in my 29 gallon that I decided to start up.

Maybe some Black Kuhli Loaches too

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

In a 29, you could do eight regular-sized corys or a dozen or so dwarf corys. This is assuming that you don't have any other territorial bottom-dwellers.

If you're going to be doing higher-temperature tank (79-82 F), Sterbai Corys are best. Most other cory species will have trouble in that range over the long-term. Most other species are OK up to 78 F (though I believe that Pandas like it a little cooler). Sterbai, Bronzed, and Three-lined (aka False Julii) are all very hardy and easy.

Back
Top Bottom