Stocking ideas needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tiger1

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 3 tanks and have no idea on how to stock them.

55 gallon that will have two Aquaclear 110s.

36 gallon bow front that will have one Aquaclear 110 and a penguin 200.

20 gallon that will have a penguin 200 and penguin 100.

All are cycled and I am in the process of shuffling and adding filters until this will be my my final filter set up. From what I've read, this should be plenty of filtration. I don't know anything about stocking. I am up for anything. Community tank, cichlid tank, tropical tank. I don't know much about fish. I've always just kept a few cichlids at a time. Just would pick what looked pretty. I would appreciate any ideas on sample stocking lists for each tank. What can go together and how many, and in which tank. These are the fish I already have and must be incorporated...........

One Jack Dempsey (4-5 inches) have had him for about 5-6 years. I'm sure he will have to stay in the 55. BTW, he's the most NON aggressive fish I have.

One Blood Parrot (2 inches)

Six Convicts. One is 3 inches and the rest were babies that I raised when the ones I bought mated. One is 2 inches and four are only about an inch.

You are correct, the JD needs to stay in the 55. IMO I don't think blood parrots can fit in any of your tanks, I have always heard 75 gallon minimum. Convicts can work with JDs, but I think only one or two.

image-3833851026.jpg

Am I mistaken? Is this a blood parrot? Do they get too big or is the concern about them getting along w convicts? He is with the 5 smaller ones now and with the exception of a flinching match with the 2 inch one, they seem to get along. My JD is a big scaredy cat. I was thinking that I can the JD, 6 cons, and parrot in the 55. Would that max me out for that tank? Could I add anything else?

Back
Top Bottom