Stocking levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sacredfeesh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 64 litre heavily planted aquarium been running since last November all paras at good levels was wondering if it sounds over crowed I have 2 platys, 1 endler and 1 normal guppy, 2 pepper Cory's, 4 jumbo tetra,1 eastern European tetra 1 neon (who all shoal together BTW) also 2 small bristlenose which my LFS said would only grow to about 6 or 7" and 11 RCS was thinking of getting 2 zebra snails and 5 amanos is this overstocked ? I do 25% water changes every week and have never had a problem ! Any advice would be appreciated

Sent from my B1-710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Your tank is already awfully overstocked. I plugged your info into AqAdvisor (using the closest US tank size they have, you can customize it with cm to be more accurate). I put in the jumbo tetras as cardinals and had no clue on the eastern european tetra, so it isn't even 100% accurate

AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor

I personally would not have a pleco in a tank that size let alone two. They are the primary cause of your overstocking and removing them you would be all right (stable that is, not necessarily room for more)

I'm impressed you have stable params with all of that, you must have good maintenance practices.

Thanks for the reply, I used aqadvisor last night, and as you said the plecos will have to be rehomed, the easterns are just neons I think they're about half an " bigger than neons, I am going to upgrade my filter to the fluval u3, the tank is actually 23 gallons as I customised with the cm measurements. Thanks for your help

Maybe a bit off topic but most likely you have common Pleco's which can get very big (18"+). Bn's usually max at 4-5"

Also I think I'm getting away with it as the plecos are only 1 inch just now my friend has a 400 litre tank so he's is going to take them when they are a little bigger

Back
Top Bottom