Stocking list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rissa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have a 65l tropical tank I used to have two BN plecos in there to help it cycle but they died so once it's now cycled I was thinking just 1 BN pleco some lemon tetras and a male betta as a center piece fish, I have a 25l back up tank just in case his a meanie.

Any other suggestions for a center piece fish just in case the betta doesn't work out with my other tank.

I also have two danios which I am selling as I it them when I was still starting out I sold my other ones.

Rissa said:
So I have a 65l tropical tank I used to have two BN plecos in there to help it cycle but they died so once it's now cycled I was thinking just 1 BN pleco some lemon tetras and a male betta as a center piece fish, I have a 25l back up tank just in case his a meanie.

Any other suggestions for a center piece fish just in case the betta doesn't work out with my other tank.

I also have two danios which I am selling as I it them when I was still starting out I sold my other ones.

BN plecos need 25-30 gallons of water or 80+ liters
You are pretty much stuck with nano fish like celestial pearl danios,ember tetras, chili rasboras, emerald rasboras, Pygmy cories, dwarf cories, scarlet badis, bettas, and MAYBE a pitbull pleco

At 65 l (about 17 gals US) you're a bit limited. ALl of the fish you mentioned need larger tanks. First though, is the tank still cycling? Have you tested ammonia, nitrite, nitrate? I suspect that's why your fish died.

In addition to what Emerald mentioned above, some other options are guppies, endler's livebearers, smaller killfish. Of course you can't mix and add all of these, these are just some suggestions. If you mention some fish you like we can help stock. You might also want to go to your local fish store, write down the names of fish they have that you like (don't let them sell you anything!) and come back home and research them first.

A dwarf gourmi is a good option for a center piece I think. I'm pretty partial to them.

I love the liveaquaria site. Found it seriously helpful when trying to figure out lot of things about the fish I was considering.

librarygirl said:
At 65 l (about 17 gals US) you're a bit limited. ALl of the fish you mentioned need larger tanks. First though, is the tank still cycling? Have you tested ammonia, nitrite, nitrate? I suspect that's why your fish died.

In addition to what Emerald mentioned above, some other options are guppies, endler's livebearers, smaller killfish. Of course you can't mix and add all of these, these are just some suggestions. If you mention some fish you like we can help stock. You might also want to go to your local fish store, write down the names of fish they have that you like (don't let them sell you anything!) and come back home and research them first.

Yeah it was cycling I had them in there to help it turns out the big LFS was selling me water conditioner a smaller LFS told me that was for rain water I use tap.

I'm happy some of you replied I'll look into the fish you guys have mentioned :$

The water conditioner is to get rid of the chlorines and chloramines in tap water and make it safe for the fish!

What brand is it? I'm getting the feeling you're getting poor advice at your lfs.

What are your readings and which test kit are you using?

Hope the image works. The blue crystals was what I was using when I went to my LFS they said that one was for tank (rain) water so they gave me water Ager which removes heavy metals .02ppm of ammo chlorine and all that. I thought that they done the same thing but they don't apparently.

Attachments

• image-3959967263.jpg
    image-3959967263.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 35
Iv never heard of water ager lol does it do the same thing over here its mostly called tap safe so maybe it just depends where in the world you live!

LyndaB said:
What brand is it? I'm getting the feeling you're getting poor advice at your lfs.

What are your readings and which test kit are you using?

I have got API liquid test kits, I am currently waiting on a master to come in so ATM I've only got ammo and nitrite test kits.
My PH is about 7.4
Ammo .25ppm
Nitrite .00ppm
Temp 23-24degrees

Back
Top Bottom