Stocking list for 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flame_fish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Okay so the time is coming for when I'm going to move & when I do I'm starting up my tank right away, now most of the time, my tank will be cycling but I keep thinking of different fish to stock my fish with but I contastantly keep changing, I just wanna keep this list & get help with stocking

now my tank is gonna be a 55 gallon freshwater tank & the only stocking list I have in my mind are

-livebarriers hoping will breed quickly for me. I'll have 4 females to one male
-mixed cory catfish (sterbay,albino & lepord? I think thats what their called)
-handful of ghost shrimp
-a few snails (pending)

I'm gonna have one juv razorback musk & before everyone gets on my back I've done craplouds of research & musks are really slow & as long as I feed them regularly they won't have a reason to go after my fish and with alot of hides I know most of my fish can get away like fry & shrimp..

I just need some hardy fish that won't take too much room. Any suggestions?

So, you're ready to set up a basking area for this musk? That would be one interesting tank.

I think I'd be concerned with the musk and the corys, which are not a fast moving species. The musk will definitely eat your snails.

Yeah i'm aware of that, I actually have a friend who had musks with catfish & live barriers for year & they worked out great but at first he lost some small fish but eventually everything worked out for him.

I was thinking of putting otos on my stocking list but i've heard that they won't be able to get enough wafers with cory catfish & they might get harrased by my turtle. Should I ex that out of my list or what?

I have otos with corys and they have no issue getting their fair share of food. Otos depend mostly on algae and will only go for wafers as a last resort.

I've heard opinions on both sides of the fence. Some say both species are somewhat sensitive, others say they're not. Usually, as long as you have a stable established filter and keep your water clean, you don't have issues.

To me just the size of them could be problem, i know there only a bit bigger than some ghost shrimp. I guess it depends on the gender & what pet store it was at.

Back
Top Bottom