stocking list in the making

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thebluyak

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know yall get this 1000 times a day haha. Originally I wanted Piranha, an Elong to be exact which is a solo fish. Well since id have a hard time getting it I was thinking about a little bit more color and virbrance. So Ive always loved discus.

its a 55 gallon with an XP3, live plants, eco complete substrate, rocks, 1-2WPG and moonlights

Here is what i was thinking so far
5 1.5-2" discus
2 yo-yo loaches
4 angel fish

what else would you add or subtract?

Are you planning on getting a larger tank for the discus as they grow? Discus need a lot of space when the are adults. For small discus that will be fine but I would not add the angel fish to that tank due to size.

i woulndt put in the angels either, and 5 discus seems a little much maybe, but i've never kept discus so i might be wrong. i think everything else is good tho, maybe just a little low on lighting from what i've heard, but again, i havent done live plants before.

five is a lot with other fish....angels can be done but i wouldn't try it a tank that size...u could do 5 discus with the yo yos..or some tetras would be nice

Back
Top Bottom