Stocking my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brettyd

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys

Just after your thoughts on my plan and if it's too much for my tank 200lt. Also I don't know what I should start with out of my selections in terms of what's going to be the best fish keep as a beginner to the scene. I'm willing to try but I do like advice from other who have been there done that. You can say I'm crazy if these fish are for more advanced people's, I won't take offence.

Stocking list-
1 x Bolivian ram
1 x German blue ram
10 x neon tetra
5 x X-ray tetra
4 x steribai corys
2 x dwarf gourami

Aqadvisor has it at 68% adult stocking and 15% water changes

Some info on where I am with my tank:
I'm currently cycling my tank with some tiger barbs, I started with 6 but unfortunately lost a couple on the way and I'm down to 2. The first 2 died quickly due to not large enough water changes in the first couple of days and there was also one that was 50/50 on Heath. Number 3 died 2 days later. So I did bigger water changes every 2nd day and kept the 3 fish going for the last 2 weeks until this weekend where I did a filter pad wash (in tank water) and did not notice a kink restricting my filtration and found another dead fish today. That's a little background on my start to keeping fish, I know it's not flash but I am trying.

I'm planning to just give away the remaining barbs on and online classified once my tank finishes the cycle. I started with barbs as I herd they were hardy but always planned to move them on as they are aggressive buggers.

Alright am I crazy.

:hide:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 63
The water change estimation on aqadvisor is useless, change water based on nitrate readings rather than that.

I would go with either the german blue rambor the bolivian instead of both. Go with a male female pair of either. Things could get dicey otherwise. The gbrs are hyper sensitive fish, so it might be good to go with the bolivians.

Lastly, go with a single gourami. These fish are huge territorial jerk bags and just buying 2 will end with one of them dead.

Welcome to the hobby! :)

Neons can be sensitive so I would not start by adding them or the rams first. The sterbai corys need to be in groups of 5 or 6 and the more the better. They aren't hard to keep. Just make sure they get meaty foods as they are not herbivores.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The water change estimation on aqadvisor is useless, change water based on nitrate readings rather than that.

I would go with either the german blue rambor the bolivian instead of both. Go with a male female pair of either. Things could get dicey otherwise. The gbrs are hyper sensitive fish, so it might be good to go with the bolivians.

Lastly, go with a single gourami. These fish are huge territorial jerk bags and just buying 2 will end with one of them dead.

Welcome to the hobby! :)

+1 to this^

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom