Stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

somethingsfishy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm looking to add some snails to my dt. The problem is that I have five clown loaches. I know clowns love snails so my question is can I get large snails or will the clowns go after all snails? What about clams( Saw some on liveaquaria) basically I need something to clean/sift through the sand. PS my clowns are about 2.5 inches. Thanks

somethingsfishy said:
So I'm looking to add some snails to my dt. The problem is that I have five clown loaches. I know clowns love snails so my question is can I get large snails or will the clowns go after all snails? What about clams( Saw some on liveaquaria) basically I need something to clean/sift through the sand. PS my clowns are about 2.5 inches. Thanks

You can add larger snails, just not small ones. Ive kept tiger barbs with bigger mystery snails and the snail is too big for the barb to kill. The barbs picked at it for a few days, then just left it alone.

So today I bought two Inca snails to try in the tank. I'll call them lucky and unlucky. Lucky gets to be alone in the sump and unlucky joins the dt with the loaches. I guess it's kinda mean. Oh well. I wish unlucky luck.

My tank is 90 with a 20 sump. Im hoping to get something that will give me smaller snails to feed those guys.

If you just want something to feed them, try going to your local lfs and asking for their "pest snails". They will usually just give them away to get rid of them. You can drop them in the tank and watch the feast... :lol:

:fish2:

I'm not trying to feed them yet. I'm looking to build a cuc for freshwater. As of now I have four Amano shrimp and two snails. I plan to use the baby snails as treats and add more shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom