stocking questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Solarris

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am trying to make the final decisions about how to stock my new 55 gal. Right now I am planning on 4 gouramis, 6 black skirt tetras, 2 dojo loaches, 1 rainbow shark, 1 synodontis catfish, and 1 pleco. Does this sound like it will work?

Also, the catfish I want is a Synodontis eupterus, or feather fin catfish. I have seen sites that say they work well with the fish I have listed but I found another site today that say they don't do well with other fish in the tank. Is anyone familiar with this fish and know if I need to start looking for another type of catfish for my tank? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

The stock list sounds OK. I would choose either the pleco or the catfish. I have one in my 125 that is about 8-9 inches long with a pleco that is about 10 inches, they have there run ins but they have enough room to get away from each other. My syno will chase my oscars occasionally, but mostly during feeding time.

Back
Top Bottom