Stocking Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crtc_01

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am 31 days into the fish less cycle and added the fake plants last night. Currently I can convert 4ppm ammonia to 0 in 30hrs. The Nitrites are taking 4 days to drop to 0. I know I want to add 2 angelfish, 4 german blue rams and 6/8 corys. I also want some schooling fish and was told tetras aren't that great with angel fish. What would be good tank mates with the other fish I have planned? I was initially thinking about 20tetras. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0605.jpg
    IMG_0605.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 79
of you do go tetras might want a larger variety that will get big enough not to be food for a grown angel

Diamonds or emperors maybe? I haven't had angels so hopefully someone else will have better examples for you :)

Be brave. Try adding in a live plant like a Java Fern. You can just tie or glue it to rock or wood that's in the tank. Or stuff the roots between some rocks.

Tetras can live with Angels. Avoid Neons. They eat them in the wild.
Cardinal Tetras might be ok.

Lemon Tetras
Bleeding Heart Tetras both work.
Harlequin Rasboras would be ok.

4 Rams may be too many...highly territorial and very picky on water quality. They prefer live plants and need hideouts to breed in.

Cories are always an awesome choice !! Stick with one species and you'll have a great display. I have C sterbai in my 55g and C pygmaeus in my 10g.

0476f7cf9c16740071fc0e1bece87427.jpg
bab8ef32b3160dbf3bcc2d85c6a316c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only option was online order or PETCO and PETCO fish seem healthy. I picked up two blue dwarf gourami and 12 neon tetras. I will give it 4 days or so and then add 10 harlequin rasboroa and 8 corys. I might try one or two angel fish or get some more gourami fish.

2 males gourami can not live together because they will fight. If you want more gourami, you can have 1 male and multiple females. However, females are hard to find due to their dull color.

For now they are in desperate sides of the tank. One made a home in a huge artificial bamboo plant and the other in some artificial plants by the filter intake. Petco has a 30day policy so if they start fighting back one will go. I wish I had a lfs that had individuals who knew what they were doing. Thanks for the advice. Are the other fish I listed fine for this tank? Are two angelfish fine?

If the angels are a pair and laid eggs, then they become aggressive to their tank mates. Also they might eat small fish. But I have no experience with angels, so that's all I know.

It has been two days and gouramis have been fine. They follow each other around the tank during the day. This morning I added 3 albino corys and 3 Julii corys. I will wait a week and then add 8 Rasbora. I have heard that Rams should be in a well established tank, so if I wait a month should I be fine adding one Ram, probably electric blue. Not sure if one is fine or if I should get two? That should be a full stock on the tank. Thanks

Your "julii" are trilineatus if they came from petco. Cories are shoaling fish and should be kept in groups of six or more of conspecifics...meaning it would be best to have 6 aeneus (albino) and or 6 trilineatus. Post some pics!

image.jpg
Your "julii" are trilineatus if they came from petco. Cories are shoaling fish and should be kept in groups of six or more of conspecifics...meaning it would be best to have 6 aeneus (albino) and or 6 trilineatus. Post some pics!

Sorry, emerald Cory.

Wow nice...for once something was labelled right...I love brochis splendens :)

Back
Top Bottom