stocking(yes i know there are alot of these)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nagel

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
recently acquired a 55g tank its been cycling for a while now am i am about to stock it basicly i want alot of schooling fish and such so if you feel like i should put it in make a post and if your bored make it creative or something.

I think Harlequin Rasboras are fun schooling fish. They swim the entire length of the tank tirelessly over and over.

quick question with pool filter sand how would i clean that and such?

nagel said:

I placed about 25lbs in a 5g bucket and slowly stirred while have a hose on in the bucket. The dirt will surface until the water is completely clear, that is when you know you should put it in. Also do not put sand while your filter is on. You'll damage the filter.

just a quick question if i filled my tank up with water from a water hose on a outside faucet would that still be okay or should i empty it and put in stuff from my sink and start a new cycle?

nagel said:
just a quick question if i filled my tank up with water from a water hose on a outside faucet would that still be okay or should i empty it and put in stuff from my sink and start a new cycle?

That's fine it's what I did just as long as you heat it up and add l de-chlorinator

When I'm putting substrate into a new tank, with no decor and no fish, I just dump the substrate into the tank. I fill about 6 inches of water, swish the substrate around to remove the cloudiness, use the python to remove the water and repeat the process until the substrate is well rinsed. Then, just fill the tank. That way, I don't have to lug 50 pounds or more of substrate into other containers. This way, I can do it all at once.

Back
Top Bottom