stocklist for 180ltr tank & problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mus

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi there,

I have just upgraded to a 180ltr tank from a 54ltr so am very happy but i would like some advice on stocking.

I know about the cycle so i wont be putting everything in at go. Also i was given a gourami not sure which it is but certainly not a dwarf and also a small albino oscar.

I am thinking of bringing this oscarc to a pet shop because i fear it may be nothing but trouble, i have never been able to keep a nice shoal of tetras and am thinking to in this tank unless i choose larger fish. (your opinion would be great)

I would like to keep a red tail shark asell now i also fear he will be nothing but trouble, but if i opt for medium to big fish im assuming the rts and oscar are fine.

I also love bettas and guppies. What are my chances? With the above fish. These are rather small fish, so im thinking its either all large or peaceful large (if exists) and then peaceful medium + small fish. But a no no to agressive large or medium with smaller fish. Lol

I would rehome the oscar. He'll get too big for the tank. They really need a 75g tank when they're adults and you've only got 47g.

If you have a decent tank footprint, a red tail shark shouldn't be a problem. They're active fish that need some room, but they're not overly aggressive if they've got space.

Guppies and bettas don't mix well. The betta usually shreds the guppy because he doesn't like the guppies long fins.

I would go with a couple schools of tetras.

Back
Top Bottom