Strange Wormy Things!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndyN

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Peeps,

I am still doing my fishless cycle - 4 weeks in and almost done. I have noticed some small worm like creatures swimming around in my water!

The look like white stringy worms and they float about - they are about 1cm long and float around - they then wiggle about a lot for a few seconds and then go back to floating around the tank!

Any ideas!?

I think it might be detritus - is this common?

Hmm, could you post a clear picture of them? I don't think It could be detritus because one, there's nothing alive in the tank and two, they're wiggling

I know it sounds unlikely but they may be parasites! Large external parasites are named fish lice and anchor worm treat fast with an anti external parasite treatment and if this is the case do not ADD ANY FISH WHATSOEVER UNTIL CURED as they will cling to your fish and be like fleas for a dog it's extremely unpleasant for them!

Hmm, could you post a clear picture of them? I don't think It could be detritus because one, there's nothing alive in the tank and two, they're wiggling

There is MTS in the tank - I inherited some on a piece of bogwood I got from a cycled tank. Must be about 10 altogether.

OMG do hard to take a photo - they are so whispy!

Attachments

• image-3226271382.jpg
    image-3226271382.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 44
  • image-2342328900.jpg
    image-2342328900.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 46
  • image-1284642475.jpg
    image-1284642475.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 44
Convinced they are detritus worms.

Back