Stuck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lizmunn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My ammonia levels just will not come down down another pwc yesterday let it settle and the ammonia reading is still around 4
I've not fed the fish for three days, the fish seem fine i just wanna get ontop of it

Nitrate looks like reading 20
Nitrite is 0
Ph is 8
Temp 26'C

Cleaned the filter and still no sign of the missing fish

The tank could be going through a cycle as it's just over three weeks old can that account for the ammonia levels?

Liz

Hi Liz, looks like its cycling, water changes are the best thing to do, 50 % each day, or even twice a day, just make sure that the temp is the same as the tank and that you have dechlorinated the water, Prime is the best. Good luck, i think i would be safe in saying we all have been there at some stage or other. I wouldn't clean the filter, leave it if you can, otherwise you would be cleaning away some of the bb. If you do, make sure it's with the tank water.

I think found reason for high ammonia i found the fish was under a rock couldn't see it for looking i think it was anyway hard to tell so fingers crossed got rid most of it and stirred up the rocks see if filter picks up particles and then clean filter fingers crossed it works

Thats good news, not that you lost a fish, but that you have found the reason. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom