Stupid question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossie

Aquarium Advice Addict
First of all I'd like to say I'm so excited that
My 10gs are finished cycling!!! Woot! Anyways... I did a large 85/ 90% PWC and one of my tanks had a dead fly covered it something... Will thy hurt my tank ? I had fungus in that tank but I tore it down and cleaned it in very hot water! The water stunk but I cycled with fish flakes... Anyways the fly thing natural ? Did he just have bacteria on him ? I have no idea how long he'd been in there! Lol

Attachments

• image-3873360302.jpg
    image-3873360302.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 178
  • image-1531499888.jpg
    image-1531499888.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 171
Both tanks look great, Flossie! I love that bridge!! :D

I wouldn't think that a fly would bother anything, (especially if you did a pwc after removing it).

Congrats on your cycles! What type of fishes do you plan on stocking?

McLumpy said:
Both tanks look great, Flossie! I love that bridge!! :D

I wouldn't think that a fly would bother anything, (especially if you did a pwc after removing it).

Congrats on your cycles! What type of fishes do you plan on stocking?

Thanks;) the bridge was my first tank that started the addiction! Lol the hubby even picked it out :)
Lol good! Sheeew fly don't bother me !!!
Probably something simple like danios and tetras... I want some cories and maybe shrimp... Not really sure yet...

Thanks;) the bridge was my first tank that started the addiction! Lol the hubby even picked it out :)
Lol good! Sheeew fly don't bother me !!!
Probably something simple like danios and tetras... I want some cories and maybe shrimp... Not really sure yet...

Your hubby has good taste! (y) I was wanting to get one of those for my 10g, but I would miss my li'l rustic house. lol

Daileene got me addicted to Harlequin Rasboras. They are very unique and fun to watch! I highly recommend them! I'm planning on getting more for my 10g once I get my Mollies healthy again, (hopefully).

McLumpy said:
Your hubby has good taste! (y) I was wanting to get one of those for my 10g, but I would miss my li'l rustic house. lol

Daileene got me addicted to Harlequin Rasboras. They are very unique and fun to watch! I highly recommend them! I'm planning on getting more for my 10g once I get my Mollies healthy again, (hopefully).

Those are pretty cool little guys.. I really like the rummy nose tetras but I believe they require more space :(

libraygirl said:
Tanks look great! Now I'm kind of wishing I had gotten a large bridge lol

The bridge is 20 bucks at PetSmart :) I can't remember if that's what I paid or not. The other tank I just bought the two plants lol not much money in that one :) haha maybe it'll become planted one day. Hopefully

bruinsbro1997 said:
IMO danios don't belong in a ten gallon, unless they're celestial pearl danios. All others should be kept in a twenty gallon.

Yeah I don't really know what imma do yet. I want something easy bc I'll have 2 55g and 2 10g so I don't wanna do PWC constantly... Thinking bout shrimp and adf or something like that for one... Idk yet

i like my dwarf gourami, very pretty and can be in a 10 gal :)

I thought about shellies but they are like 20 bucks a piece and tiny

Yeah I don't really know what imma do yet. I want something easy bc I'll have 2 55g and 2 10g so I don't wanna do PWC constantly... Thinking bout shrimp and adf or something like that for one... Idk yet

shrimp are VERY fun in a ten gal, especaily if you do a shrimp only tank. And if you are eventually wanting a planted tank, your shrimp would absolutly love you.

momo said:
shrimp are VERY fun in a ten gal, especaily if you do a shrimp only tank. And if you are eventually wanting a planted tank, your shrimp would absolutly love you.

I was thinking about some shrimp maybe but I have absolutely NO experience with them

jetajockey said:
go with cherry shrimp, all you need to do is keep some plants in there, keep the water clean, and barely feed them every once in a while.

Do u HAVE to have live plants?? That'll be a while.... If I finally decide on it

Back
Top Bottom