Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope, tiger barbs are demons!! They will rip fins, harass, an bully everything to death if they don't have enough room or large enough school.

I am going to agree with this. My friend has a school of tiger barbs which harass the Crap out of her angel. It's amusing to watch the angel get more and more annoyed until it turns on the barbs and chases them all over the tank though. That is in a 29g

I am going to agree with this. My friend has a school of tiger barbs which harass the Crap out of her angel. It's amusing to watch the angel get more and more annoyed until it turns on the barbs and chases them all over the tank though. That is in a 29g

Would they be violent with cories and a pleco?

i disagree with the barbs theory, i had about 15 in my tank with a pleco numberous corys, silver dollars, diamond tetras, black skirt tetras, danios, and a few misc..they are wayy less agressive when they are in a school and alot less aggresive than they have a reputation for. i think if you add them last they will be fine.

i disagree with the barbs theory, i had about 15 in my tank with a pleco numberous corys, silver dollars, diamond tetras, black skirt tetras, danios, and a few misc..they are wayy less agressive when they are in a school and alot less aggresive than they have a reputation for. i think if you add them last they will be fine.

Hmm... curious. Maybe it just depends on the fish.

What size tank is this? I belive they are a lot less aggressive tin a larger tank though all fish are diffrent

pretty partial to a school of danios (9) or rasboras (9) but the ones that get a max of 1-2 inches only. For centerpiece I would go with maybe a pair of german rams.
Course, I am pretty new to fish keeping myself - I wish you all the luck in the world with whatever kind of fishies you choose :)

How about the cories, Davos, and a pair of Juli Marlieris. I can get the Juli Marlieris for 10$ apiece or 40$ for a breeding pair

I wouldn't try it with the cichlids. They really should be kept in cichlid only tanks so they can be arou.d other hardy fish and have correct conditions for their health. Especially when they are $40 / pair.

Got it!!! its a 27 gallon marineland cube. $170 with LED double bright light, Fluval C3 Filter, Fluval 200w heater, 50lb of black gravel, stand, siphon, and a mag-float cleaner.

It looks great as if it hasn't been used for long.

Can I replace the chemical filter part with more biological? How can I do this?

Tiger barbs i always reccomend for schooling fish..very energetic and swim back and fourth constantly..best tetras ive had so far.

I would stay away from canisters..I've never used one but its commonly known they are nitrate factories

:huh: :eek: :confused: :nono: :blink:

I'm sorry, but please don't give out advice that isn't true. Tiger barbs aren't tetras, obviously, and canister filters are arguably the best kind of filter, they are just more expensive. Tiger barbs commonly kill their tankmates, and nitrate is produced indirectly by the fish in the tank, and your filtration doesn't really make a difference for that aspect.

:huh: :eek: :confused: :nono: :blink:

I'm sorry, but please don't give out advice that isn't true. Tiger barbs aren't tetras, obviously, and canister filters are arguably the best kind of filter, they are just more expensive. Tiger barbs commonly kill their tankmates, and nitrate is produced indirectly by the fish in the tank, and your filtration doesn't really make a difference for that aspect.

Oh I'm sorry, they're a close relative to tetras, and your wrong saying filtration doesn't contribute to nitrates..if you don't maintain a canister filter the right way, which most people won't, it can highly contribute to nitrates. So before you put someone on blast why don't you look things up. Oh yeah, and barbs killing tank mates? As I stated if you keep them in a group there a lot less aggressive and will leave others alone..I know many people who have schools of barbs with not problem. So before you the wrong advice against someone else giving advice, stop and check things next time.

Back
Top Bottom