Suggestions for a 40gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yolly

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So far I've decided on the following for my tank:

4 clown loaches
1 yoyo loach
1 roseline shark
1 royal pleco
1 spiny eel

As for the others I'm not sure...

Rummynose tetras
golden rams
tiger/albino/or rosy barbs
rainbows

I have sand for my substrate and a river rock cave/condo built in the left corner which goes to the surface for the loaches and eel.
Two small maylasian driftwoods
I will be planting the tank with live plants and a CO2 injector

I would like to have lots of color in the tank.

I would go with the rummynose tetras if it were me, you will have a lot going on at the bottom, this would help balance it out...rummys are neat to watch! Can't wait to see pics!

Nothing wrong with the clown loaches as long as you understand they will outgrow that tank in time. MY recommendation would be to let a good population of snails establish themselves before adding the clowns. They will quickly clean up most of them, but there will always be a few hiding somewhere to reproduce and provide some sport for the loaches :)

So this is what I got:

1 roseline shark
1 fire eel
1 yoyo loach
5 rummynose tetras
2 zebra danios

Just planted the tank:

1 Echinodorus (bleheri)
1 Cryptocoryne
Java moss
Flora glow light and a CO2 injector

The Yoyo loach would fair better with a group....4-5 of them are fun to watch. :) Hopefully the tetras are not small enough for the eel to eat.

Looks like an active tank for sure. Are you planning on increasing the Danios? They make a tank busy!

I may add more danios, or maybe more tetras I'm not too sure yet.
The yoyo will have some friends soon as I will eventually add 4 clown loaches but I want my tank to be established for a month or so before I add them as they can be very picky.

Back
Top Bottom