Taking down?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LobsterParty000

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello, sorry i had a few questions but i didnt know where else to put it, so here it is. Ive had a successful, and fun freshwater 20 gallon aquarium for 3 years, i have gotten a little bored with it, and it has been getting neglected recently by lack of maintenance, so i sold the fish to my lfs where they will be taken better care of, then sold. So now i have an empty tank. I trashed the gravel and water, and put aside the decor for cleaning. So that leaves me with my question, how would i clean my fishtank completely so it could be resold again? Also how would i clean the plants? Obviously no soap or any chemicals, but what about vinegar? I ask because i plan to use the money from my tank to buy a smaller more unique aquarium.

P.S. any recomendations for small unique tanks? Im thinking a Fluval Edge 12 Gallon Planted.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Aquarium Advice Mobile App

Nothing wrong with soap or chemicals if you're complete taking the tank down for cleaning. Just be sure to rinse with copious amounts of water. When I purchased my 10 gallon QT, I disinfected it by rinsing with rubbing alcohol. I then let a fan air-dry it for an hour and a half.

I would but it is not easy to rinse a 20 gal. Fish tank

Ok thanks, will that work for the heater, filter, etc.?

Back
Top Bottom