tank divider?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sillygirl423

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have my 20g long tank divided for about 33 fry of varying sizes lol I am noticing the water doesn't look good on that side of the tank, I have moved the hob filter (whisper ex 30) closer to the screen but it doesn't seem to help. As I plan on having lots of fry, would it hurt to do another hob maybe a 10 just on that side? Covered so it wont suck up fry of course lol.

The more screens, the less water flow. It may affect the temperature in the tank as well as the filtration if you add more dividers.

Is there any reason you can't just plop all the fry in together with no dividers? Are you selling your fry?

I just keep my fry in the community tanks. No fuss, no muss. ;)

I just have the one screen, my two female guppies were pregnant when I got them so I am keeping those fry separate to see what colors they end up, my platy babies crazy enough I have 3 friends who want to start tanks for their kids and one friend who has a 55g who wants to take a quite a few off my hands, she's a mickey mouse enthusiast lol, my lfs will take any I have left. And I like having the babies separate so they can swim around and not hide from me :) I don't mind putting in another filter I just want to make sure it will be okay.

dont plop all the fry in together!!! unless they are the SAME SPECIES. i had newly stripped 6mm cichlid fry, put 3 guppy fry of the same size with them for a test, to see if they work as fry for a while. the guppies survived less than one night.
what fry are they? x

wouldn't it be alright with these species? enlighten me, please...... I haven't learned anything new yet today. :brows:

I think I'm good they're platys and guppies I don't have aggressive fish....yet...working on a 40....just don't tell my boyfriend lol ;)

id say yes, provided they were the same size. if any platys get aggressive tho, they may need to b separated. other than that its fine! i only meant like if one type was guppy the other a much bigger/meaner kind :p

Not sure yet, my boyfriend wants an aggressive tank and seeing as how his birthday is coming up in november I thought I'd do some research figure out what would work best. I know he likes the black ghost knife but I think a 40 is too small for them

if its price ur worried about, theres a juwel rio 240l (about 50gal) for £306 from seapets, dollars may be bit more. but its great value for a beautiful fish tank.

I already have the 40 a friend gave it to me, I'd hate to spend money on a tank when I have one, I'll figure something out I guess. Thank you though :)

haha! lucky! you could probably have some dwarves, like pseudocrenilabrus philander (beautiful) or apistogramma agassizi (stunning) if they are to your tastes?

These are both absolutely beautiful I've not read up on cichlids enough to know how to group them or they're compatibility. Do you know of any sites that would help?

google them! the cichlid forums are good for opinions, but this one i found was good: tail - SPECIES PROFILE:pSEUDOCRENILABRUS NICHOLSI (BLOOD TAIL)
they are best in 3 fem 1 male ratio.
same with the agassizi, its the general for cichlids unless they are monogomous like the buffalo cichlid.
cichilds.... most are bossy! aggression is to be expected... lol.
updates or decisions when you have them! x

Back
Top Bottom