Tank finally cycled, need stocking suggestions (20g)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oxymoron

Aquarium Advice Regular
My tank finally finished cycling last week. I added 6 neon tetra and then 3-4 days later added 3 oto cats. I figure that gives me around 12-15" of fish so far. Any suggestions on what else to add, I'd like to add 2 or 3 "larger" fish. Maybe a dwarf gourami and a bosemani rainbow. Any ideas? TIA

Hmmmm.... I've never kept rainbows but I'm pretty sure they are more comfortable in schools, so I wouldn't recommend keeping just one of them. Also, I believe that a 20 gallon would probably not offer enough swimming space for them. The dwarf gourami would be a great addition though. :D Bolivian or blue rams would be fine in there and would likely ignore a dwarf gourami, as well as occupy different levels in your tank. I don't know if you are interested in them, but I'm definitely partial to cichlids. :p

I just asked the same question recently and since I have a similar problem, the overwelming consesus was for red dwarf gourami's.

I will be picking them up this weekend. (thanks again blucat & severum mama).

Thanks for the advice, that was kind of my original plan, looks like I'll go with 2-3 dwarf gourami. Maybe one flame, one neon blue and one standard dwarf.

Yes, but IMO they are such active swimmers that a 20 gallon would not afford them enough space, especially since the tank is a 20 high instead of a 20 long.

The gouramis will look great in your tank! :D

Back
Top Bottom