Tank heater - not sure if faulty. First time temperate tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cluckyholiday

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello.
I have a 100w SuperFish Eco heater in my 60L tank currently.
I have this set to 25oC and near air stone and filter to ensure heated water is distributed.
However, the "on" light is not always on the heater. And I have noticed that the temp has gone down a couple of degrees C over night.
As it is an Eco heater, does the light go off when it has reached its temp....and then go back on when the temp lowers ....or is this product faulty? Can't find anything online to help me and worried my temp is going to harm my fish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does the light come on if you turn it up? The scale reading on the knob or whatever is unlikely to be absolutely accurate. I've seen those off by as much as 5 degrees. It's all relative, as t'were.

Yes the light comes on if I turn it up and then I'll turn it back down to 25 as per the temp I want..it'll stay on for a while and pop back off :/ hmmm

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I would just set it wherever a good thermometer tells you to and ignore the heater scale.

I would look at the temp in the thermometer and make sure the heater turns off at that exact temp. Otherwise a calibration might be needed. Pretty easy, the manual should have instructions. Light should come on when the heater is actively heating, and off when it's not.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom