Tank idea with inverts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScaryFatKidGT

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm thinking about a Electric blue crayfish, some shrimp, a zebra pleco (the cheap ones not a real one) and either some CPD's, Badis badis or Scarlet gem badis in like a 20 long would this be good?

Can shrimp be kept with a crayfish?

I'm going to use RO water.

How big do zebra plecos get? They look small but do they get big or stay small?

Crayfish will eat a lot of that stuff. (At least a high potential for it)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The problem is the fish you are suggesting are all nano fish. There is a thread on here about this and a person said how theirs were eating mollies. Mollies are a lot larger than any of those fish you mentioned other than the pleco. They would need to be with larger fish

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Lol ok what about everything besides the crawdad, I might get one for another tank later

Yeah, my crayfish wiped out most of my tank, along with 3 other crayfish. Def don't get one. Zebra plecos stay small. If you are talking about a clown pleco, they stay small too. The rest of your stock sounds fine.

In a 20 long, I'd be looking at a Dwarf Blue Crayfish, or a Mexican Dwarf Orange, no Zebra Pleco because they share the same space as the Crayfish and its fins would get all torn up, that happened for the first and last time with my cories, and maybe a couple Scarlet Badis. So:

2x Dwarf Blue Crayfish (One male, one female)
2-3x Scarlet Badis
5x RCS

I wouldn't do shrimp because if the Crayfish gets its claws on those (hehe see what I did there) then there wouldn't be many left the next day. But shrimp are expensive, so they might end up just being an expensive snack. I think it's a cool idea though.

Nils

I'm really trying to find a neat 15-40g long shallow tank but I want radius-ed edges, rimmles and or low iron glass, can't find anything in these sizes just nano stuff.

I'm really tempted to just pick up a regular old 20l, 30g or 33long but I would really like rimmless

I'm really trying to find a neat 15-40g long shallow tank but I want radius-ed edges, rimmles and or low iron glass, can't find anything in these sizes just nano stuff.

I'm really tempted to just pick up a regular old 20l, 30g or 33long but I would really like rimmless

How much are you willing to spend is the question ? http://www.glasscages.com/

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Weren't you trying to do the waterfall tank? What happened with that?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
Idk I can't deside how big/small I want to go but I want it rimmless, will see what happens when I get my tax return :).

I have this end-stand thats like 15" deep and a window ledge thats about 8.5" deep I'm thinking about putting something but I'm debating using this 7.5g penn plax radius I got or a 11.33g 35cm cube or the ehiem aqua style 9/35. I like the capacity of the cube but I like the radius of the aquastyle and the fact that I have the penn plax lol.

Then the ledge I have thought about putting a Mr. Aqua 12g or getting a custom 8.5x8.5x48/50" tank.

This is a regular 10g

But non of these options really are big enough for a waterfall so I might get a 46g bowfront but they have a center brace so I might get a 40b lol.

The 10g, 20l and 40b would look SOOOOOOO much better with black silicone but I don't feel like paying for a custom tank just for black silicone.

Well what do you guys think?

I'm going to try to use slate to make a taller platform for the palm and get a couple scarlet jem badis

Back
Top Bottom