Tank questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DRT843

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have 20 gallon tank with plants and hiding spots for my fish and I wanted to see if my current fish are appropriate for it/ if I can add more?

1 balloon molly
2 glo-light tetras
2 neon tetras
2 blushing heart tetras
1 red dwarf gourami
1 male guppy
1 female guppy
1 mickey mouse molly
3 ghost shrimp
1 green catfish
1 panda cory catfish

The main problem is that you have a lot of schooling fish that need more of the same kind, but to add enough of each kind would way over stock your tank.

The following need groups of at least 5: Glow-light tetras, neon tetras, blushing heart tetras, green catfish, and panda cory catfish.

The main problem is that you have a lot of schooling fish that need more of the same kind, but to add enough of each kind would way over stock your tank.

The following need groups of at least 5: Glow-light tetras, neon tetras, blushing heart tetras, green catfish, and panda cory catfish.

The neon tetras and glo-light tetras are schooling together in a group and the two catfish seem to keep to themselves, but the blushing heart have been keeping separate and don't swim with one another.

Trust me, they're all schooling fish. Keeping only two screws with the schooling dynamic, so sometimes groups of two won't stay together or will school with other fish. But it's not good for them. Just my experience and advice.

Corys like to be in groups of 5 or 6 + to exhibit their natural behavior. Less and they get nervous. I have to agree with Sinibotia. I'd cut back on types of fish and up the amounts then. They will display better and be happier fish this way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Some of my fish got eaten so as of today here is who is still in the tank:

1 balloon molly
2 glo-light tetras
2 neon tetras
2 blushing heart tetras
1 red dwarf gourami
1 female guppy
1 mickey mouse molly
1 ghost shrimp
1 green catfish
1 panda cory catfish
1 baby guppy in a breeding chamber

Eaten ? There must be something going on then. Did they die and then get eaten , if that is the case then there must be a reason. Start with a water test. Something doesn't sound right.

Eaten ? There must be something going on then. Did they die and then get eaten , if that is the case then there must be a reason. Start with a water test. Something doesn't sound right.
Or do you have cats? But I agree none of those fish should eat the others except guppy fry could get eaten. Female will drop more in about 28 to 30 days.

Brenna

Back
Top Bottom