Tank seems empty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeffp

Aquarium Advice Activist
Starting stock our 55gal 3 days ago, and so far we have

1x angelfish (about 3 in long)
3x zebra danio
2x molly
2x platy
1x clown loach
2x pleco
1x glass catfish
2x guppy

and the tank seems really empty, but I know I am getting close to what should be the max load on the tank. We were only thinking about getting another molly or platy, a guppy, and 1-2 glass catfish. But even with those, the tank probably would still feel empty.

Am I wrong in thinking we are close to the max load of the tank? It probably doesn't help that the danios, guppies, mollys. and platys tend to school together...creating that sense of emptiness. Do you all have any suggestions?

Did you add all these fish over those three days? If so I would do some PWC this week, that's a large bioload to add even in a 55. What kinda plecos? You should fill out your zebra danio school otherwise they can get aggressive and nip your angel. Glass catfish are sensitive IMO, wait for the tank to mature for 2-3 months. Hope this helped! :)

you need at least 3 more danios. I like a small school of cory cats for more movement. and the most open area in your tank seems to be the bottom,

Back
Top Bottom