Tank stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kuriuskitten

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 30g I will be stocking, and I was thinking
1 angelfish
5 Cory's (emerald or sterbai maybe)
10 black tetras
Some fancy guppies?

Or instead of angel, maybe a gourami. But I like angels best and had kept a beautiful pair before.

Thinking bamboo shrimp too, would they be large enough not end up as lunch for an Angel? Or any other shrimp?

I also like the look of glass catfish, but not certain I have room for a group of them. Hear they are kinda sensitive too. Any input?

Thanks in advance!

I'm not fond of the concept of centerpiece fish - one of a kind in a tank. Most all fish prefer to be in with others of their species and I find they tend to be less aggressive that way. So get a pair of angelfish if you want angelfish. If you want a single fish, try a betta.

Only problem is tank is smaller than I'd prefer to have more angels, and I'd either have to buy a few and see how they pair off or spend $$$ buying an established pair.

I've had many many angelfish and very rarely had any serious problems with aggression with non-mated pairs. Yes, they are a bit picky and argumentative, but you don't need to have a mated pair to have two angels be compatible.
Honestly, I'd skip the angels and gouramis and add another school of tetras. They are attractive and peaceful.

Back
Top Bottom