Tanks P.H is 6.2 Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nere1204

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone just a quick urgent question I have a 10 gallon tank with mollies, platys, cardinals, swordfish, cory's, and my worry right now is that the ph is at 6.2 any advice if I should leave it at is or if I should raise it they are an established community of fish I did a test strip and the
Nitrates 20ppm
0 nitrites
Ph is at 6.2
Alkalinity is at 0
I'll add the picture of the strip and the tank and fish

Attachments

• IMG_20210412_150128702.jpg
    IMG_20210412_150128702.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20210412_150755700_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210412_150755700_HDR.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20210412_150107263.jpg
    IMG_20210412_150107263.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20210410_172125316.jpg
    IMG_20210410_172125316.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 137
Hello everyone just a quick urgent question I have a 10 gallon tank with mollies, platys, cardinals, swordfish, cory's, and my worry right now is that the ph is at 6.2 any advice if I should leave it at is or if I should raise it they are an established community of fish I did a test strip and the
Nitrates 20ppm
0 nitrites
Ph is at 6.2
Alkalinity is at 0
I'll add the picture of the strip and the tank and fish

When it comes to PH, it is best to set it and forget it. Most fish that are common in the hobby are tolerant of a wide range of PH levels. In fact, most of the fish I see in your tank are actually from acidic water in the wild and are right at home at 6.2. PH additives almost always do more harm than good and one of the most important pieces of advice I give to newcomers is to not mess with your PH. The levels you should pay attention to are ammonia, nitrate, and nitrite. Those are the ones that will actually hurt your fish if they are elevated but it looks like you are doing a good job. Let me know if you have any other questions. If you are new to the hobby this site is a wealth of information and there are experts on just about anything you could ask about. (y)

Also, I know you did not ask about this, but you have quite a few fish in there so I would not recommend adding any more unless you get a larger setup. Mollies and platys make quite a bit of waste so you are already going to need to keep up on your water changes to maintain your parameters.

When it comes to PH, it is best to set it and forget it. Most fish that are common in the hobby are tolerant of a wide range of PH levels. In fact, most of the fish I see in your tank are actually from acidic water in the wild and are right at home at 6.2. PH additives almost always do more harm than good and one of the most important pieces of advice I give to newcomers is to not mess with your PH. The levels you should pay attention to are ammonia, nitrate, and nitrite. Those are the ones that will actually hurt your fish if they are elevated but it looks like you are doing a good job. Let me know if you have any other questions. If you are new to the hobby this site is a wealth of information and there are experts on just about anything you could ask about. (y)

Also, I know you did not ask about this, but you have quite a few fish in there so I would not recommend adding any more unless you get a larger setup. Mollies and platys make quite a bit of waste so you are already going to need to keep up on your water changes to maintain your parameters.
Thank you so much and I will definitely take you up on the offer of advice I really appreciate it alot sorry I'm just answering been a little busy I followed your advice and I was able to just let it go and focus on the more important factors and yea I figured it was alot when the person that sold it to me already came with all those little guys Im just making sure to do weekly water changes... every Friday is 20% clean up day for both my tanks hopefully I'll be able to upgrade my tanks soon for sure. Thank you so much.

Back
Top Bottom