Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-08-2021, 10:22 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Tell me it isnít restarting!!!

Hi guys,

I am a newbie, I got a new tank December 23, and added 5 guppies from pets smart. Unfortunately all my guppies died and I have learned a lot, I mean ALOT about cycling. I chose to continue with a fishless cycle. My tank was nearing the end of the cycling process no ammonia, nitrites decreasing... it was beautiful! But then this!!!!!!

My ammonia is slowly creeping up, my nitrites are 0 and my nitrates are 0.

What the actual!!!! I keep a fish log (sorry nerd alert) so if you can please look at my data and let me know what you think Iíve done wrong. I have a 20 gallon tank (top fin), no fish. I add a pinch of flakes everyday, and vacuumed 10-30% every week because it was looking gross!

It was my plan to get fish tomorrow.... is there any chance this is just a blip?

Old 03-09-2021, 08:35 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just keep an eye on it. If you get fish, get something cheap and more hardy than guppies, like zebra danios. I used the same school of them to cycle several tanks and they survived them all, lol

Old 03-09-2021, 10:23 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thanks! I think it was a blip! I tested today and 0 ammonia and 0 nitrites unfortunately also 0 nitrates. But I think Iím finally cycled!!!
Old 03-09-2021, 10:36 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sweet! After you add fish just keep an eye on it for a week or so, it'll be fine

Tags
star, start, starting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com