test readings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
API freshwater kit. With the Nitrate test, I re read the istructions everytime I test it, and use my phone's stopwatch to make sure I shake long enough. No cycling products, but it is unfortunately a fish in cycle. Fish seem to be doing really well though.

So we know:
no2 0ppm
no3 10ppm

What's you ammo and pH readings and what fish stock, tank size, how long into the in fish cycling are you, etc?

Basically, more info make for better advice :D.

I'm pretty sure it is a 40 gal tank. There are 6 zebra danios in it for a little over 2 weeks now. Ammo was at .25, just did wc. pH is 8 and has been from day one. Ammo has never been over .50. Things are going good, fish aren't showing any signs of stress. I was just curious about the "cycle" routine. I thought you had to have a Nitrite to turn into a Nitrate, so I couldn't figure out how I got one without the other.

Sounds like you guys have it covered. Have you tested no3 directly from your tap? I'm heading off for the night, Mr. Limpets given you some great info and resources, good night! :)

Thanks for the link Mr.Limpet....after reading it, I'm reassured I am doing this correctly. Eco, I don't think I ever did test Nitrates from tap. I know I did for ammonia and pH. I'll do that and see, maybe I'm not really showing anything new then.....thanks for the help guys and not crucifying me for having fish in a non-cycled tank.

Back
Top Bottom