Testing Strips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tardis1973

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Testing kits

I have recently purchased the tetra 6 in 1 testing strips and API's Amonia testing strips.
Can anyone give me a review on both products as i'm fairly new to fish keeping.

thanks

Please help!
I recently bought Tetra's 6-1 test strips and API's Amonia test strips.
Can anyone tell me if these are any good ?
thanks.

There "ok" but not very accurate IMO and once opened and exposed to air they lose what little accuracy they ever had from the get go.

API Master test kit would be a better option IMHO.

I don't trust them at all. I spent a lot of time "testing" for nitrites during cycling and thinking I was still in the ammonia phase until I switched to liquid tests and realized my nitrites were out of control and my cycle was nearly over...

I had the strips and they always said my water was good until my fish got pop eye I re tested with app master kit and found my ammonia was high also in the long run master kit is cheaper

I like the API master test kit....the strips always told me i had high ammonia and high nitrites until i got the water tested at my lfs and bought my own liquid test kit....the strips were a lie....and when you do the math paying the 30 some-odd dollars for 800+ tests vs $6 for only like 25 strips......master kit wins

Back
Top Bottom