Thank mates for gourami and rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LaLibra

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I'm wondering what type of fish would be gentle and do well with my male gouramis and pair of blue German rams.

I also have 6 guppies, 2 corys, and 3 ADF in my 30 Gallon tank.

I would like something colourful with a bit of personality.... But want to be careful to avoid anything aggressive that may cause my other fish any stress.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Your tank does seem a little overstocked. I would say small tetras like neons or cardinals, if you were going to add things, but the tank seems full. You could also get amano shrimp. Can you post a full tank picture?

Thank you!

I actually went out on Friday night and bought 6 cardinal tetras after I figured out that my male blue ram was missing.

I'm not quite sure what happened to him. I couldn't see him anywhere, even during feeding. I did a 30% water change yesterday and everything including the new tetras seem super happy and energetic... But still no sight of my missing blue ram.... Which makes me think that he has died and been eaten while I was at work during the week. :'(

Attachments

• 2014-08-31-11-49-53.jpg
    2014-08-31-11-49-53.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 62
Do you have any decorations that are hallow?? I had a Corey make his way under and into one once. Took forever to find him

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The tunnels in the castle are hollow... But when doing the water change we combed the plants with our fingers and poked into the tunnels to see if he was hiding and so far he seems to have disappeared completely. Poor fellow....

I also think that one of my gourami is on his way out. He seems to have developed a cyst near his mouth and it keeps growing and growing.... I asked at the local fish store where I bought him if anything could be done... But they had no advice for me except to flush him down the toilet when it gets to the point that he can no longer eat due to the growth (or that I fish him out daily to lance it and treat it with iodine, which I will NOT do).

So it looks like I'll be down by 2 fish before long :(

Ugh. That stinks. We just lost a pregnant guppy this am. Found her dead in the sand :( I think maybe complications with birth. She looked ready to pop

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Awww... Poor thing. I'm sorry to hear that.

I think when he goes I'll probably end up replacing the GBR that went MIA with a male electric blue and leave my tank at that unless I can find a female Pearl gourami to replace my male dwarf that's on his way out. That way I'll still have the same number of fish with a wider variety. After that I'll be done stocking until my pleco grows too big and I'll swap it out for a bristlenose. (cause I'm told that they will stay smallish)

How does that sound?

Back
Top Bottom