The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pigeonfood said:
OK just checked the NO3 lvls and since its kinda hard to read it those lvls i would put my money on it been more 20ppm than 10ppm, so what ya think eco, this is good right, plz say yes cos im really wantin to swig the last of me absinthe lol

That's awesome! You're halfway there! Right eco?

Just keep doing exactly what you're doing. When the no2 gets so high that there's no way to measure it...do a 50% pwc then dose it back up to 4ppm. Then it's just a waiting game to wake up one morning and see ammo and nitrItes at 0!

woooot, thx be to god, tbh ive never been more impatient in me life when it come to waiting for something, i dont think i was this impatience when my lil boy was been born lmao

Bettababe1011 said:
That's awesome! You're halfway there! Right eco?

Yeah...once you've got nitrAtes, you're almost home. Waiting for nitrAtes is the longest part.

Before we throw a celebration party...do me a favor and test ammo, no2 and no3 directly from the tap.

Pigeonfood said:
ok when u say do a 50% pwc and then dose to 4ppm, u mean dose the ammo to 4ppm right?

Yeah, but don't do the pwc until nitrItes are at screaming high levels. And yeah, dose the ammo. If you figure out how to dose nitrItes up to a specific level...we'll make some money together, lol.

Pigeonfood said:
ok and if i do wake up one morning and there they are both 0, that means im done with my cycle?

Yeah. Wait a couple days, and if it gets ammonia and nitrites to zero in 24 hours then your good. Do a big PWC and then you can stock.

Pigeonfood said:
test from the tap? ok why did i get chills down my back when u asked me to test these lvls from the tap? lol

It's possible (but not likely) the no2 and no3 are in the tap water. I just want to make sure before map out the parade route, lol.

Pigeonfood said:
ok ok just checked the tap literally 2mins ago....Ammo lvl :0.5ppm, NO2:0, NO3:0....i think this is good.

Yay!!! You about made me have a stroke while you were gone. You're really far along. Just keep the ammo at 4ppm, do your 50% pwc when your levels are through the roof, then let me know the minute the ammo and nitrItes drop to 0 overnight. great job! Looks like the little fish with my name is moving in sooner than we thought!

Bettababe1011 said:
Except the ammonia reading. :/

Its just the chloramines. As long as you use a dechlorinator it's fine. It will be turned non toxic and the biofilter will eat it right up.

eco23 said:
Its just the chloramines. As long as you use a dechlorinator it's fine. It will be turned non toxic and the biofilter will eat it right up.

Oh. I didn't know that... Thanks for clearing it up. Sorry to make you worry pigeonfood...

the name bettababe is debatable lol, my gf will be asking questions if i just all of a sudden name my fish betta babe [moderator edit], dakota cud be doable since my gf is from SD lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom