The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, on the app, which I'm on 99% of the time, I can't find the articles unless it's linked to me. Stickies are very helpful to me. It puts people like me at the disadvantage...

eco23 said:
Thanks for doing a fishless cycle. I'm happy to answer questions...I'm so addicted to this site that I don't really have a choice at this point, lol. Plus, thanks to the combination of this handy little app mixed with insomnia, I'm informed of questions at all hours, haha.

+1 on the addiction to this site and app!!!! I totally check this site way more than my facebook anymore! I find there are much more inteligent conversations on here most of the time than from my fb friends. Okay end of my off topic reply sorry! :)

Guess what?? guess what??......fishless cycle is officially done, WOOHOO!!! Took about 2weeks i think, had a nasty lookin filter media from my old tank to use as a see which helped tremendously. Im soo pumped my fishies can move in and o ye lil eco can move on in too so excited, all tat moaning and groaning payed off, thx to Eco23 for induring it. His fishless cycle guide is the way to go answers every question u wud think of, just follow what he says and ur done easy peasy lemon squeasy lol. O ye gotta new filter...eheim ecco 2236 canister, overkill filtration ftw lol. will post pics of fishies of my pristine crystal clear water. what an exciting week its been already. Thx eco ur the bomb!!!!!

nohika said:
Oops. 8+ ppm = bad, no? Just did a 50% ish water change. If that doesn't bring it down to readable by 10:30ish, I'll do another one in the morning. (I'm PST).

It can stall a cycle if it gets too high.

nohika said:
Yupyup! I'm trying to bring it back down to 4ppm ish. Considering I'm at the beginning of my cycle, I'd rather not stop it before it finishes starting...

Yeah. Sounds good.

Yupyup! I'm trying to bring it back down to 4ppm ish. Considering I'm at the beginning of my cycle, I'd rather not stop it before it finishes starting...

tbh, ive done that, first time i put ammo in it, it might take longer for it to cycle i think.

Pigeonfood said:
ok, when i mail it ill put somewhere in the midwest, i wud laugh if the post office took it tbh lol

Lol. Yeah. That'd be funny if they did. Oops, we are getting seriously off topic, and need to stop it!

Congratulations Pigeonfood! Now that your fishless cycle is done, I hope you'll be sticking around AA and helping others have the same success you just had. Make sure you post some pics of eco the fish, lol.

Lol. Yeah. That'd be funny if they did. Oops, we are getting seriously off topic, and need to stop it!

just need to figure out what fish me likes..community tank. right now im thinkings....school of tetra...pair of dwarf gourami....pair of bolivian rams...pleco....and an another school of fish of some sort.

This is all for a 36g bf....hope it all fits. tbh pleco is optional.

Congratulations Pigeonfood! Now that your fishless cycle is done, I hope you'll be sticking around AA and helping others have the same success you just had. Make sure you post some pics of eco the fish, lol.

eco is gonna be either a ram or a gourami lol, and yes of course im stickin around here in the AA. Cant leave my peeps hangin when they needs my helps lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom