Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-03-2011, 09:55 PM   #421
Aquarium Advice Addict

Shammond has a good point, I don't think you'll need it, but if your tank doesn't cycle I can send you some filter media Pigeonfood. You're where, in Kentucky?

Old 05-03-2011, 10:17 PM   #422
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco23 View Post
You're far from square one my friend. It's starting to come together now. When you tested it, it was probably right before you dosed the ammonia back up. The no2 was converting to no3 like it should have been. You're just not quite done yet, but you're really far along. That thing is swallowing ammo. Shoot me a PM when you get home.
let you know when im home? am i gonna have to do something to my tank, something no man has ever tried before, something no man is brave enough or man enough to do. lol huh huh lol....ye a pwc lol
Old 05-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #423
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeonfood

let you know when im home? am i gonna have to do something to my tank, something no man has ever tried before, something no man is brave enough or man enough to do. lol huh huh lol....ye a pwc lol
Actually, since we'd been chatting about 100 times a day for the past couple months, I thought I'd send you an email pic of me and the wife. I always thought it was weird being buddies with someone when you've got no idea what they look like. Besides, how're you going to buy the first round when you can't find me in the bar? Lol. But since you questioned me, now I'm gonna make you totally break down the tank and start your cycle again, hahahaha.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #424
Aquarium Advice Freak

sounds good bro, tbh im the same way never thought you could become buddies just by giving some helpful advice. Ill return the favor, always nice to put a face to the person ur talkin to everyday. ill pm u when i get home.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:35 PM   #425
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeonfood View Post
sounds good bro, tbh im the same way never thought you could become buddies just by giving some helpful advice. Ill return the favor, always nice to put a face to the person ur talkin to everyday. ill pm u when i get home.
ok now im curious, u not serious aboout having me start all over again with my tank right? ha! ha! right ha! ha!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:46 PM   #426
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

ok now im curious, u not serious aboout having me start all over again with my tank right? ha! ha! right ha! ha!
You Irish people are high strung man, hahaha. No you're good, I was just messing with you. All you've gotta do is put in a little ammo every day, maybe do another pwc at some point and wait for it to finish up cycling. Then you've actually got to break it all down, clean out the filter with bleach, replace the gravel...I'm kidding! You're on the right track.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:52 PM   #427
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco23

Actually, since we'd been chatting about 100 times a day for the past couple months, I thought I'd send you an email pic of me and the wife. I always thought it was weird being buddies with someone when you've got no idea what they look like. Besides, how're you going to buy the first round when you can't find me in the bar? Lol. But since you questioned me, now I'm gonna make you totally break down the tank and start your cycle again, hahahaha.
Quote:

Oh my god now I'm confused for you!! That's my biggest fear when I start mine!!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:53 PM   #428
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmartin71

As long as your new bottle of ammo doesn't smell like flowers you'll be fine, lol.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:54 PM   #429
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmartin71 View Post
Relax have a Guniness... if ur old enough.i seen the active ingredients on ur bottle in the pic its the right one. I smelt my bottle of ammo, and o my eyes startin burning and i cud smell stuff i cudnt normally smell. tbh never new what ammo smelt like until i opened the bottle for the very first time during my cycle.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:59 PM   #430
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've only had to make 1 person tear down, scrub and rinse their tank, filter, gravel and deco. They used the absolute wrong type of ammo and waited 2 months with no nitrItes. Happily, they just finished they're cycle about a week ago and they actually just posted pics of their newly stocked tank today. So everything works out in the end with some patience and perseverance.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:59 PM   #431
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
You Irish people are high strung man, hahaha. No you're good, I was just messing with you. All you've gotta do is put in a little ammo every day, maybe do another pwc at some point and wait for it to finish up cycling. Then you've actually got to break it all down, clean out the filter with bleach, replace the gravel...I'm kidding! You're on the right track.
ye when i get home im gonna go do tat pwc...what ya think 25/50/90% change??

ye i know we are high strung, talk to my gf she will tell ya. especially when i found out my tank was headin to the trash after my cycle had a meltdown lol. Usually keep a 12 bottles of harp for events like this, seems to help lol.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:02 PM   #432
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
I've only had to make 1 person tear down, scrub and rinse their tank, filter, gravel and deco. They used the absolute wrong type of ammo and waited 2 months with no nitrItes. Happily, they just finished they're cycle about a week ago and they actually just posted pics of their newly stocked tank today. So everything works out in the end with some patience and perseverance.
hahahahaha patience and perseverance, riiight lol. just an fyi Eric, im gonna bawl me eyes out when i get this done finally, wont know if its happieness or saddness from the stress of it all lol.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:07 PM   #433
Aquarium Advice Addict

The pwc's up to you man. It's really not necessary unless it makes you feel better. I might shed a tear with you, haha. I'll definitely have a drink for you regardless. I'm actually enjoying a delicious beverage your friends in Scotland produced as we speak, lol.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:08 PM   #434
Aquarium Advice Freak

wiskey drinker are we?? if i dont do a pwc will it mess anything up?? tbh i really dont wanna do it lol
Old 05-03-2011, 11:20 PM   #435
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
wiskey drinker are we?? if i dont do a pwc will it mess anything up?? tbh i really dont wanna do it lol
Johnny Walker Black baby! You don't need to do it. I was more worried about it when I thought you were having pH crash problems. Just shoot me your full water parameters (ammo, no2, no3, pH) when you've got a chance to test it...no hurry.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:41 PM   #436
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Johnny Walker Black baby! You don't need to do it. I was more worried about it when I thought you were having pH crash problems. Just shoot me your full water parameters (ammo, no2, no3, pH) when you've got a chance to test it...no hurry.
didnt i give u my parameters in an earlier post today? even if i have i can give the most up to date ones when i get home in an hour.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:45 PM   #437
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

didnt i give u my parameters in an earlier post today? even if i have i can give the most up to date ones when i get home in an hour.
You might have, honestly man I lose track of everyone's. The scotch probably doesn't help my memory either, lol.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:47 PM   #438
Aquarium Advice Addict

Don't worry about it, just let me know if anything other than ammo makes a big move up or down...including pH.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #439
Aquarium Advice Regular

Hi Eco,

I have a question for you again, if you can help please?

I spoke to you about this a few days ago, my 30G has been cycling (fishless) for over 2weeks with Amm sticking at 4ppm and No NitrIte. I thought best to do 30% PWC to see if this helps..

But unfortunately I had forgot to dechlorinate the water!! I know, i feel very stupid. I did however put dechlorinator straight in after noticing.

Does this mean I will have to start all over again? If so, can i keep the water thats in the tank now to cycle?

Many Thanks,
Old 05-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #440
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaipoon View Post
Hi Eco,

I have a question for you again, if you can help please?

I spoke to you about this a few days ago, my 30G has been cycling (fishless) for over 2weeks with Amm sticking at 4ppm and No NitrIte. I thought best to do 30% PWC to see if this helps..

But unfortunately I had forgot to dechlorinate the water!! I know, i feel very stupid. I did however put dechlorinator straight in after noticing.

Does this mean I will have to start all over again? If so, can i keep the water thats in the tank now to cycle?

Many Thanks,
did u turn ur filters off when u did a pwc? most of ur bacteria ur growing grows on ur filter, so if the tap water did get into ur filter it may have killed all ur bacteria because of the chlorine in ur tap water..meaning u may have to start back to square one. But if the water wasnt in ur filter ur good im betting. Also it depends how how long after u put the water in ur tank to u noticing it.

Tags
cycling, fishless, fishless cycling, guide

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com