Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-04-2011, 05:03 PM   #481
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidpaul View Post
Do you want a hand dude i have a jigsaw and a battery drill let me loose on it weehee im like that american diy bloke lol carnt think of his name now
Ty Pennington...."MOOOOVE THAT BUUUS"

Old 05-04-2011, 05:11 PM   #482
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidpaul
Do you want a hand dude i have a jigsaw and a battery drill let me loose on it weehee im like that american diy bloke lol carnt think of his name now
I'm not all that incredibly handy when it comes to tools. What's the name of that electric jig saw thing I am gonna need to cleanly cut a slot in the back of the wood? There's a place around here you can rent things from...I want it to look clean and professional...I don't want to just start hacking at it with a saw.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #483
Aquarium Advice Freak

go to home depot i know they rent tools..worked there part-time. Its really easy to cut a hole in ur stand.. sucks u gotta cut up ur stand in the first place....bring ur canister back and get a eheim lol
Old 05-04-2011, 05:22 PM   #484
Aquarium Advice FINatic

lol bless
you need a drill and a jigsaw thats it ,draw the slot you want then drill a hole in opposite corners then jigsaw out from each hole to the other opposite corners then jigsaw the drill holes out to give yourself a nice clean slot jobs done easy
Old 05-04-2011, 05:24 PM   #485
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
lol bless
you need a drill and a jigsaw thats it ,draw the slot you want then drill a hole in opposite corners then jigsaw out from each hole to the other opposite corners then jigsaw the drill holes out to give yourself a nice clean slot jobs done easy
So the holes I drill are basically a starting point so I can actually get the jigsaw into the wood to start cutting?
Old 05-04-2011, 05:25 PM   #486
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeonfood
go to home depot i know they rent tools..worked there part-time. Its really easy to cut a hole in ur stand.. sucks u gotta cut up ur stand in the first place....bring ur canister back and get a eheim lol
I'd have the same problem with the Eheim, lol. They're all gravity fed systems, and with what I've got now I'd have a loop in the tubing instead of a nice up and down line.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:27 PM   #487
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's funny that almost all my buddies on here are British(are Irish considered British?), lol. You guys are gonna have me saying mate and cheers before too long, haha.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:28 PM   #488
Aquarium Advice FINatic

bang on mate only their so you can get the blade in and the opposite holes are their so you get 4 clean cuts a end up with 2 perfect corners
Old 05-04-2011, 05:30 PM   #489
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
bang on mate only their so you can get the blade in and the opposite holes are their so you get 4 clean cuts a end up with 2 perfect corners
Awesome. Thanks "mate", lol. I actually do have an electric jigsaw. That's how much I know about tools, I don't even know what I own, haha. Now I get to hear my girl yell at me about sawdust when she gets home.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:30 PM   #490
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well it depends where their from lol and how they feel i guess if you understand where im coming from as we own some of it lol
Old 05-04-2011, 05:32 PM   #491
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Well it depends where their from lol and how they feel i guess if you understand where im coming from as we own some of it lol
Yeah, we've got some family friends from Middlesex (he used to be President of Guiness America), and one time I introduced them as from the United Kingdom and they shot me an icy stare.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #492
Aquarium Advice FINatic

lmao and we both know she is going to unless you know how to use the vacs now i dont lol im lost with that thing , just brought a new one we only had it a week and i broke it guess what the wife chewed my ear off
Old 05-04-2011, 05:36 PM   #493
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco23 View Post
It's funny that almost all my buddies on here are British(are Irish considered British?), lol. You guys are gonna have me saying mate and cheers before too long, haha.
Em NO!!! im not british...not trying to offend anyone, but please dont call me british ever!! lol
Old 05-04-2011, 05:36 PM   #494
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Yeah, we've got some family friends from Middlesex (he used to be President of Guiness America), and one time I introduced them as from the United Kingdom and they shot me an icy stare.
lol oooooops thats not good my friend we also have a saying which sums that up it goes like this ....... treading on thin ice lol
Old 05-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #495
Aquarium Advice FINatic

lmao pigeon why would we call you british as it states you from Kansas

i take it you dont like us brits then lmao
Old 05-04-2011, 05:42 PM   #496
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Em NO!!! im not british...not trying to offend anyone, but please dont call me british ever!! lol
Sorry man, lol. I didn't know it was such a sensitive subject. You know us Americans don't pay any attention to what's going on in the rest of the world, haha. You can be my "European" friends, haha. I guess I've got some drilling and sawing to do in a bit.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:45 PM   #497
Aquarium Advice FINatic

what you going on about now Eric you have lost me apart from the fact MR Pigeon dont like us brits for some reason lol
Old 05-04-2011, 06:04 PM   #498
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think Pigeonfood doesn't like me anymore. He's gone away, lol. Pigeonfood, come back, I'm sorry! Haha.

My new shrimp are awesome btw. It'd be nice if I could have my new filter up and running with them, but that's gonna take a bit more time.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:11 PM   #499
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
I think Pigeonfood doesn't like me anymore. He's gone away, lol. Pigeonfood, come back, I'm sorry! Haha.

My new shrimp are awesome btw. It'd be nice if I could have my new filter up and running with them, but that's gonna take a bit more time.
Im fine, apart from u mistaking me as british lol. btw im getting that awesome filter now, 360gph going into a 36g, overkill!!! btw eco im not fond of the idea of an open lid tank, wont some of ur fish jump out??
Old 05-04-2011, 06:19 PM   #500
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Im fine, apart from u mistaking me as british lol. btw im getting that awesome filter now, 360gph going into a 36g, overkill!!! btw eco im not fond of the idea of an open lid tank, wont some of ur fish jump out??
Some types are jumpers. I had a Bala Shark try to go where no fish had gone before years back. I think Siamese Algae Eaters are jumpers too. Probably 70% of the top is covered on mine, I've got the light sitting on the glass lid, but I had to remove the front section of the hood because it didn't open correctly with the light sitting on it. I've got some pics in one of my threads, I'll see if I can find them.
Closed Thread

Tags
cycling, fishless, fishless cycling, guide

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com