The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, you'd have some dizzy fish, haha. I just don't want you flipping out if you have a mini cycle down the road because you remove one of the filters later. How many do you plan on having on there permanently? If you're keeping one of the HOB's, throw the media from the one you're removing into it. I'd rather you get the filter seeded now so you don't need to worry about mini-cycles once you have fish.

I plan on getting rid of the starter HOB filter (aqueon quietflow 30) off the main tank, put it away for my QT tank down the road or for my lil mans (shane) tank so he can be a pro at this hobby just like his daddy (ye right) hahahaha

Yeah they aren't dropping to dramatically todays level was the quickest drop since Saturday night but that was 2 days and a drop of 3.5ppm. Oh and I am sure u can't tell from my name lol but I am a female lol my name is Stacy.

OK cool, just monitor them every once in awhile, just so we can elimanate the chance of a pH crash..ok stacy lol

Pigeonfood, like my new avatar? I'd put a pic of a Leeds Utd player...but I've never heard of any of them, hahahahahaha!

Dude, whichever filter you're removing...start pulling stuff out and stick it in one you're keeping.

Yeah, you'd have some dizzy fish, haha. I just don't want you flipping out if you have a mini cycle down the road because you remove one of the filters later. How many do you plan on having on there permanently? If you're keeping one of the HOB's, throw the media from the one you're removing into it. I'd rather you get the filter seeded now so you don't need to worry about mini-cycles once you have fish.

the filter media is huge, im not gonna be able to fit it in any of the 3 baskets, i had a hard time tryin to lock all 3 baskets together with the media that came with, there no way im gettin tat seed in my canister.

o and btw u need to remove that avatar, im offended my it!!

Pigeonfood, like my new avatar? I'd put a pic of a Leeds Utd player...but I've never heard of any of them, hahahahahaha!

ill go one better, its against my better judgement but meh who cares..season is over for now. keep close eye on my avatar lol:brows:

Pigeonfood said:
ill go one better, its against my better judgement but meh who cares..season is over for now. keep close eye on my avatar lol:brows:

If I see a pick of Ronaldo, I'm gonna stop being friends with you and I'm gonna drive to Kansas and dump bleach into your cycling tank, lol.

eco23 said:
If I see a pick of Ronaldo, I'm gonna stop being friends with you and I'm gonna drive to Kansas and dump bleach into your cycling tank, lol.

Let's keep it civil boys!

Sports are not that important. Don't do anything rash!! Lol.

Bettababe1011 said:
Let's keep it civil boys!

Sports are not that important. Don't do anything rash!! Lol.

Ah, and that's why men and women will never fully understand each other, lol.

Pigeonfood said:
so what ya think....lil too much on the avatar lol

Well, I guess that's Man U...god knows it's not a pic of Leeds since they haven't won anything since the 1970's! Hahahahaha!!!

Well, I guess that's Man U...god knows it's not a pic of Leeds since they haven't won anything since the 1970's! Hahahahaha!!!

guess what there holdin....yes it is the champions league trophy..get ready to be runners up AGAIN hahahaha

give us 5 yrs and we will be the elite of europe once again.

Pigeonfood said:
guess what there holdin....yes it is the champions league trophy..get ready to be runners up AGAIN hahahaha

give us 5 yrs and we will be the elite of europe once again.

Don't worry, I'll change my avatar again after the final when I've got a new pic of Messi holding the cup. Hopefully he won't drop the cup like that idiot Ramos did. My only regret is that the Copa del Rey didn't land on Ronaldo's head, lol.

$10 says none of my fellow Americans will comment on my avatar because they have absolutely no idea who Messi is.

Just to mention something fish related (before we get warned), move stuff from one of the HOB's to the other!

Don't worry, I'll change my avatar again after the final when I've got a new pic of Messi holding the cup. Hopefully he won't drop the cup like that idiot Ramos did. My only regret is that the Copa del Rey didn't land on Ronaldo's head, lol.

$10 says none of my fellow Americans will comment on my avatar because they have absolutely no idea who Messi is.

Just to mention something fish related (before we get warned), move stuff from one of the HOB's to the other!

ive already got my seed filter in the HOB im keepin, so the HOB filter that i aint keepin...idk what to do with it, i cud cut in half and try and fit it in each of the 3 baskets in my canister...wud that be ok??

ive already got my seed filter in the HOB im keepin, so the HOB filter that i aint keepin...idk what to do with it, i cud cut in half and try and fit it in each of the 3 baskets in my canister...wud that be ok??

That sounds perfect...get the media in wherever you can...love the new avatar now by the way, lol. Luckily we won't hve to worry about facing each other in the UCL for a while. I've got to pick a Premier League team one of these days. My buddy Paul is pretty close to selling me on Aston Villa, but I'm willing to hear your argument as well, haha

I'd go ahead and do it soon though. I want to get everything seeded the best we can so you don't uncycle when you pull that thing off.

ok im confused, they have this Eheim spray bar u can buy online....what is a spray bar for...is it like a surface skimmer???

I wud like hear what paul had to say about villa....cos they havent come close to achieving anything in the last 10 yrs. Leeds is one of the most well supported teams in the world, has tons more history than villa will ever have and I can bet money u will regret supporting them down the road.

ok im confused, they have this Eheim spray bar u can buy online....what is a spray bar for...is it like a surface skimmer???

I wud like hear what paul had to say about villa....cos they havent come close to achieving anything in the last 10 yrs. Leeds is one of the most well supported teams in the world, has tons more history than villa will ever have and I can bet money u will regret supporting them down the road.

and o ye, if u look at all the the players leeds have produced in the last 10 yrs before leeds went bankrupt, they are all at world class teams...Ferdinand: Man U, Milner: Villa/Man City, Woodgate:R. Madrid/Spurs, Smith: Man U/Newcastle, Kewell: liverpool....the list goes on my friend. lol

Pigeonfood said:

Paul's brother-in-law played for them last time they won a cup. Problem is I don't ever see Leeds or Villa matches on the TV. Only English teams they show in the US are Man U and Chelsea it seems like. I've got to see if my cable company offers some type of soccer package. Only channels I've got are GolTV, Fox Soccer and Espn Deportes (and I don't speak Spanish, lol). Occasionally ESPN2 will show a match...but rarely.

I've heard of spray bars 1000 times, but never took the time to look them up. I thought they were for surface agitation, but I could be entirely wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom