Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 05-11-2011, 05:11 PM   #801
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 43
Ok I tested again. Levels about the same as yesterday. Except today I notice a white fuzz on my driftwood. What is it? Wife says tank looks cloudy. I'm not sure. May be the canopy needs cleaning. Hehe. I'll be glad when I can add fish.

Cr

__________________
Save your sanity and your fish. Do a fishless cycle. https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ng-148283.html
Cloudrider is offline  
Old 05-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #802
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
eco23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 6,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudrider
Ok I tested again. Levels about the same as yesterday. Except today I notice a white fuzz on my driftwood. What is it? Wife says tank looks cloudy. I'm not sure. May be the canopy needs cleaning. Hehe. I'll be glad when I can add fish.

Cr
I don't know about fuzz...could be some type of algae starting to grow...are you keeping the lights off? The CC is why it's a little cloudy. It'll clear up a bit, but won't be crystal clear as long as the cc is in there. Just another reason we'll try and do away with it once your cycle is done.
__________________
The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ng-148283.html
Being responsible...fishless cycling defines it, fish-in requires it. Choose wisely.
eco23 is offline  
Old 05-11-2011, 05:24 PM   #803
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 43
Yea lights off and room darker during day. Cloudy now makes sense. I forgot about you saying the cc would cloud water. Do I need to worry out the fuzz? Gonna see if I can research anything on it.

Ronnie
__________________
Save your sanity and your fish. Do a fishless cycle. https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ng-148283.html
Cloudrider is offline  
Old 05-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #804
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
eco23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 6,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudrider
Yea lights off and room darker during day. Cloudy now makes sense. I forgot about you saying the cc would cloud water. Do I need to worry out the fuzz? Gonna see if I can research anything on it.

Ronnie
Fortunately, algae is not one of my specialties...diatoms on the other hand (type of brown algae that takes over virtually every new aquarium for a while, then just magically goes away...you'll see )I am familiar with.
__________________
The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ng-148283.html
Being responsible...fishless cycling defines it, fish-in requires it. Choose wisely.
eco23 is offline  
Old 05-11-2011, 05:29 PM   #805
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
cichlidpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UK , Birmingham
Posts: 515
hi ya bro

weeeeheee good news i think mate that drunken night might not be to far away , got the coral gravel in the tank yesterday but not in filter wanted to see what happens and like you said all good in 24 hours ammo dropped yet again but so did the nitrite not a great lot but it has dropped no longer deep purple and PH is going up was 5 now 7 and i think it still has more to go, so got it in the filter tonight so lets see what happens tommorrow mate to be honest i carnt wait i have a new lease of life now the nitrite has dropped as you know its been 3 weeks off the scale yet agian mate you know your stuff (god bless ya ) plus my tank now looks really cool i have to say it looked good before but now well lets say it looks like its made for cichlids

Your a god mate when it come to this fishless
__________________
120 gallon malawi
cichlidpaul is offline  
Old 05-11-2011, 05:41 PM   #806
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
cichlidpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UK , Birmingham
Posts: 515
how ironic im listening to Fish what an artist
__________________
120 gallon malawi
cichlidpaul is offline  
Old 05-11-2011, 05:48 PM   #807
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
eco23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 6,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidpaul
hi ya bro

weeeeheee good news i think mate that drunken night might not be to far away , got the coral gravel in the tank yesterday but not in filter wanted to see what happens and like you said all good in 24 hours ammo dropped yet again but so did the nitrite not a great lot but it has dropped no longer deep purple and PH is going up was 5 now 7 and i think it still has more to go, so got it in the filter tonight so lets see what happens tommorrow mate to be honest i carnt wait i have a new lease of life now the nitrite has dropped as you know its been 3 weeks off the scale yet agian mate you know your stuff (god bless ya ) plus my tank now looks really cool i have to say it looked good before but now well lets say it looks like its made for cichlids

Your a god mate when it come to this fishless
That is the best news I've heard in a long time! I think we've got it nailed. I honestly could not be happier for you man. If the tank is swallowing ammo, and the no2 has started dropping even a tad...we've got it.
__________________
The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ng-148283.html
Being responsible...fishless cycling defines it, fish-in requires it. Choose wisely.
eco23 is offline  
Old 05-11-2011, 06:05 PM   #808
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
cichlidpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UK , Birmingham
Posts: 515
My god i hope so dude like you know it was close to starting again but now well lets see what happens over the next few day
__________________
120 gallon malawi
cichlidpaul is offline  
Old 05-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #809
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
eco23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 6,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidpaul
My god i hope so dude like you know it was close to starting again but now well lets see what happens over the next few day
We've just gotta let the bacteria recover from the damage the pH crash did to it. You've obviously got plenty of bacteria in there judging by your levels..now we've just gotta let them do their thing. Things should start happening pretty fast.

I may shed a tear the day you put fish in that thing, lol.
__________________
The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ng-148283.html
Being responsible...fishless cycling defines it, fish-in requires it. Choose wisely.
eco23 is offline  
Old 05-11-2011, 06:27 PM   #810
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
cichlidpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UK , Birmingham
Posts: 515
oh mate your not the lonley one i hace waited so long now

And as this is my first fishless in all my time keeping fish well just want it to go right and a bit more pace would be nice as i hear/read 2 3 4 weeks cycle is done come to think these peeps are cycling a fish bowl like i thought but never heard it from anyone else bar you bigger the tank long it takes and mine is might big we both now its had its probs but all is looking good from now on , i may have been a bit green (sorry englisg saying lol ) but now im pretty hot i think on this as i have been through every wright and wrong what to do when
__________________
120 gallon malawi
cichlidpaul is offline  
Old 05-11-2011, 06:28 PM   #811
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
cichlidpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UK , Birmingham
Posts: 515
just hope the nitrite says low now if it goes up well to be honest i dont want to think about it
__________________
120 gallon malawi
cichlidpaul is offline  
Old 05-11-2011, 06:31 PM   #812
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
eco23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 6,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidpaul
just hope the nitrite says low now if it goes up well to be honest i dont want to think about it
As long as the levels are moving in a consistent direction, it's good news. The fact you said no2 looked to drop a little is fantastic, but don't freak out if they climb one more time before dropping. Both the types of bacteria will start really working now that the pH is right. We just want to see something solid, not fluctuating levels.
__________________
The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ng-148283.html
Being responsible...fishless cycling defines it, fish-in requires it. Choose wisely.
eco23 is offline  
Old 05-11-2011, 06:33 PM   #813
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
cichlidpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UK , Birmingham
Posts: 515
Mate you ever heard of (fish) the artist music wise

im listening to a track call boston tea party lol
__________________
120 gallon malawi
cichlidpaul is offline  
Old 05-11-2011, 06:38 PM   #814
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
eco23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 6,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidpaul
Mate you ever heard of (fish) the artist music wise

im listening to a track call boston tea party lol
I've heard of Phish (spelled funny), kinda like a psychedelic jam band. Same group? A little like The Greatful Dead?
__________________
The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ng-148283.html
Being responsible...fishless cycling defines it, fish-in requires it. Choose wisely.
eco23 is offline  
Old 05-11-2011, 06:39 PM   #815
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
eco23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 6,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco23

I've heard of Phish (spelled funny), kinda like a psychedelic jam band. Same group? A little like The Greatful Dead?
Ah...Boston Tea Perty...lol. I missed that one. Surprised they let you listen to that in England, lol.
__________________
The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ng-148283.html
Being responsible...fishless cycling defines it, fish-in requires it. Choose wisely.
eco23 is offline  
Old 05-11-2011, 06:42 PM   #816
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Irish.OG87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 474
how long have u been cycling ur tank now paul?? a month??
__________________
Irish.OG87 is offline  
Old 05-11-2011, 07:05 PM   #817
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
cichlidpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UK , Birmingham
Posts: 515
it is fish you really should list to him
__________________
120 gallon malawi
cichlidpaul is offline  
Old 05-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #818
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
eco23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 6,316
What happened to the video link? Did it get removed? That thing is awesome!!!
__________________
The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ng-148283.html
Being responsible...fishless cycling defines it, fish-in requires it. Choose wisely.
eco23 is offline  
Old 05-11-2011, 07:12 PM   #819
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Irish.OG87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco23 View Post
What happened to the video link? Did it get removed? That thing is awesome!!!
ye i removed it, mainly cos i didnt wanna feel like the kid that goes around flashin their new toy at kids that dont have any if ya know what i mean, and also it really didnt associate with this thread tbh.

the lunar shimmering effect i friggin LOVE!!!!!
__________________
Irish.OG87 is offline  
Old 05-11-2011, 07:15 PM   #820
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
eco23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 6,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeonfood

ye i removed it, mainly cos i didnt wanna feel like the kid that goes around flashin their new toy at kids that dont have any if ya know what i mean, and also it really didnt associate with this thread tbh.

the lunar shimmering effect i friggin LOVE!!!!!
That's some baby makin mood lighting, hahaha! Don't ask Paul about his cycle, it'll only depress you, lol.
__________________
The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ng-148283.html
Being responsible...fishless cycling defines it, fish-in requires it. Choose wisely.
eco23 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
cycling, fishless, fishless cycling, guide

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fishless Cycle Complete so soon? GouramiFanatic Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started 11 12-23-2008 08:05 PM
Fishless Cycle complete!!!!! EmptyH Freshwater & Brackish - Coldwater, Native Fish & Ponds 6 03-25-2006 06:30 PM
Complete buyers guide for freshwater aquarium by YOU manooosie Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 18 08-15-2005 10:56 AM
Question about the guide for the fishless cycle Mananhammer Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started 1 06-29-2005 09:48 PM
Fishless cycle complete! russrimm Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started 5 08-29-2004 11:07 PM







» Photo Contest Winners







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.