The (almost) Complete Guide and FAQ to Fishless Cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shammond has a good point, I don't think you'll need it, but if your tank doesn't cycle I can send you some filter media Pigeonfood. You're where, in Kentucky?

You're far from square one my friend. It's starting to come together now. When you tested it, it was probably right before you dosed the ammonia back up. The no2 was converting to no3 like it should have been. You're just not quite done yet, but you're really far along. That thing is swallowing ammo. Shoot me a PM when you get home.

let you know when im home? am i gonna have to do something to my tank, something no man has ever tried before, something no man is brave enough or man enough to do. lol huh huh lol....ye a pwc lol

Pigeonfood said:
let you know when im home? am i gonna have to do something to my tank, something no man has ever tried before, something no man is brave enough or man enough to do. lol huh huh lol....ye a pwc lol

Actually, since we'd been chatting about 100 times a day for the past couple months, I thought I'd send you an email pic of me and the wife. I always thought it was weird being buddies with someone when you've got no idea what they look like. Besides, how're you going to buy the first round when you can't find me in the bar? Lol. But since you questioned me, now I'm gonna make you totally break down the tank and start your cycle again, hahahaha.

sounds good bro, tbh im the same way never thought you could become buddies just by giving some helpful advice. Ill return the favor, always nice to put a face to the person ur talkin to everyday. ill pm u when i get home.

sounds good bro, tbh im the same way never thought you could become buddies just by giving some helpful advice. Ill return the favor, always nice to put a face to the person ur talkin to everyday. ill pm u when i get home.

ok now im curious, u not serious aboout having me start all over again with my tank right? ha! ha! right ha! ha!:confused:

Pigeonfood said:
ok now im curious, u not serious aboout having me start all over again with my tank right? ha! ha! right ha! ha!:confused:

You Irish people are high strung man, hahaha. No you're good, I was just messing with you. All you've gotta do is put in a little ammo every day, maybe do another pwc at some point and wait for it to finish up cycling. Then you've actually got to break it all down, clean out the filter with bleach, replace the gravel...I'm kidding! You're on the right track.

eco23 said:
Actually, since we'd been chatting about 100 times a day for the past couple months, I thought I'd send you an email pic of me and the wife. I always thought it was weird being buddies with someone when you've got no idea what they look like. Besides, how're you going to buy the first round when you can't find me in the bar? Lol. But since you questioned me, now I'm gonna make you totally break down the tank and start your cycle again, hahahaha.

Pigeonfood said:

Oh my god now I'm confused for you!! That's my biggest fear when I start mine!!

jmartin71 said:

As long as your new bottle of ammo doesn't smell like flowers you'll be fine, lol.

Relax have a Guniness... if ur old enough.i seen the active ingredients on ur bottle in the pic its the right one. I smelt my bottle of ammo, and o my eyes startin burning and i cud smell stuff i cudnt normally smell. tbh never new what ammo smelt like until i opened the bottle for the very first time during my cycle.

I've only had to make 1 person tear down, scrub and rinse their tank, filter, gravel and deco. They used the absolute wrong type of ammo and waited 2 months with no nitrItes. Happily, they just finished they're cycle about a week ago and they actually just posted pics of their newly stocked tank today. So everything works out in the end with some patience and perseverance.

You Irish people are high strung man, hahaha. No you're good, I was just messing with you. All you've gotta do is put in a little ammo every day, maybe do another pwc at some point and wait for it to finish up cycling. Then you've actually got to break it all down, clean out the filter with bleach, replace the gravel...I'm kidding! You're on the right track.

ye when i get home im gonna go do tat pwc...what ya think 25/50/90% change??

ye i know we are high strung, talk to my gf she will tell ya. especially when i found out my tank was headin to the trash after my cycle had a meltdown lol. Usually keep a 12 bottles of harp for events like this, seems to help lol.

I've only had to make 1 person tear down, scrub and rinse their tank, filter, gravel and deco. They used the absolute wrong type of ammo and waited 2 months with no nitrItes. Happily, they just finished they're cycle about a week ago and they actually just posted pics of their newly stocked tank today. So everything works out in the end with some patience and perseverance.

hahahahaha patience and perseverance, riiight lol. just an fyi Eric, im gonna bawl me eyes out when i get this done finally, wont know if its happieness or saddness from the stress of it all lol.

The pwc's up to you man. It's really not necessary unless it makes you feel better. I might shed a tear with you, haha. I'll definitely have a drink for you regardless. I'm actually enjoying a delicious beverage your friends in Scotland produced as we speak, lol.

Pigeonfood said:
wiskey drinker are we?? if i dont do a pwc will it mess anything up?? tbh i really dont wanna do it lol

Johnny Walker Black baby! You don't need to do it. I was more worried about it when I thought you were having pH crash problems. Just shoot me your full water parameters (ammo, no2, no3, pH) when you've got a chance to test it...no hurry.

Johnny Walker Black baby! You don't need to do it. I was more worried about it when I thought you were having pH crash problems. Just shoot me your full water parameters (ammo, no2, no3, pH) when you've got a chance to test it...no hurry.

didnt i give u my parameters in an earlier post today? even if i have i can give the most up to date ones when i get home in an hour.

Pigeonfood said:
didnt i give u my parameters in an earlier post today? even if i have i can give the most up to date ones when i get home in an hour.

You might have, honestly man I lose track of everyone's. The scotch probably doesn't help my memory either, lol.

Don't worry about it, just let me know if anything other than ammo makes a big move up or down...including pH.

Hi Eco,

I have a question for you again, if you can help please?

I spoke to you about this a few days ago, my 30G has been cycling (fishless) for over 2weeks with Amm sticking at 4ppm and No NitrIte. I thought best to do 30% PWC to see if this helps..

But unfortunately I had forgot to dechlorinate the water!!:facepalm: I know, i feel very stupid:banghead:. I did however put dechlorinator straight in after noticing.

Does this mean I will have to start all over again? If so, can i keep the water thats in the tank now to cycle?

Many Thanks,

Hi Eco,

I have a question for you again, if you can help please?

I spoke to you about this a few days ago, my 30G has been cycling (fishless) for over 2weeks with Amm sticking at 4ppm and No NitrIte. I thought best to do 30% PWC to see if this helps..

But unfortunately I had forgot to dechlorinate the water!!:facepalm: I know, i feel very stupid:banghead:. I did however put dechlorinator straight in after noticing.

Does this mean I will have to start all over again? If so, can i keep the water thats in the tank now to cycle?

Many Thanks,

did u turn ur filters off when u did a pwc? most of ur bacteria ur growing grows on ur filter, so if the tap water did get into ur filter it may have killed all ur bacteria because of the chlorine in ur tap water..meaning u may have to start back to square one. But if the water wasnt in ur filter ur good im betting. Also it depends how how long after u put the water in ur tank to u noticing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom