The Evolution of My Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Predfan27 said:
Howdy all!

I recently moved into an apartment in Augusta GA and my landlord is not a fan of big aquariums. But nobody ever said I can't have multiple small aquariums! I'm starting this thread to document the change and evolution of my tanks as they go from general setup to biotope studs.

Haha nice way to cut around the rules;)
My rules are to stay in my room
So far im up to 121 gallons ;)

I love your tanks and will be looking forward to seeing them grow!

I do like the black background, but im cheap and use construction paper lol.

Looks great either way

Bubbles0oO said:
Haha nice way to cut around the rules;)
My rules are to stay in my room
So far im up to 121 gallons ;)

I love your tanks and will be looking forward to seeing them grow!

I do like the black background, but im cheap and use construction paper lol.

Looks great either way

Holy crap! That's awesome that you got 121g in one room! You should start a thread like this :)

Thank you for the compliments! I, too, used black construction paper. But I stepped it up since I knew that I'll always want black as the back. Only hard part is doing it while the tank is running! Shoulda have more forethought haha

I want your fish room! I've got two tanks in my room now and really want a 55 or 75. But I'm not sure if the floor will hold that much weight.

Tetra1990 said:
I want your fish room! I've got two tanks in my room now and really want a 55 or 75. But I'm not sure if the floor will hold that much weight.

Hey I'd take those tanks! I wish I could go bigger. I have a 40g Long in my closet. Hopefully potential roommates don't mind fish ;)

Predfan27 said:
Hey I'd take those tanks! I wish I could go bigger. I have a 40g Long in my closet. Hopefully potential roommates don't mind fish ;)

I'll room with ya. I obviously wouldn't mind tanks:)

Tetra1990 said:
I'll room with ya. I obviously wouldn't mind tanks:)

We would have so many tanks all over the apartment haha

Also, for those following. A boat load of plants arrive Friday as well as more Pygmy Corydoras. Stay tuned for updates! And any recommendations for the tanks would be greatly appreciated!

Annakhil said:
PLEASE post pics of yalls tanks! Especially the 121g

Lol it all ads up to 121 gallons but heres a pic pf them all ( exept my 16 g which is on the other side of the room)

image-1685977740.jpg

Left os my 30g
Middle top is 10 g
Middle bottom is empty but as soon as i get shelves it will hold rcs
And right is my 55g

I think ill go make a thread like this. Seems like a good idea ;)

Wow beautiful tanks....I love planted tanks. Now I kind of want to fire up m 20L and do a jungle planted theme with a nice piece of dw in the middle! The only planted tank I have now is my 10gal. betta tank.

RedNeck said:
Wow beautiful tanks....I love planted tanks. Now I kind of want to fire up m 20L and do a jungle planted theme with a nice piece of dw in the middle! The only planted tank I have now is my 10gal. betta tank.

Who are you speaking to? Haha. I always like to base my fauna choices around a certain biotope.

all the tanks on this thread.....I love what you have done with your three though.

RedNeck said:
all the tanks on this thread.....I love what you have done with your three though.

Well thank you! And thank you on behalf of Bubbles. He (assuming its a he) started a thread on his stuff too!

Holy crap! That's awesome that you got 121g in one room! You should start a thread like this :)

Thank you for the compliments! I, too, used black construction paper. But I stepped it up since I knew that I'll always want black as the back. Only hard part is doing it while the tank is running! Shoulda have more forethought haha

Atleast it was just a 10 gallon tank you did it too.. I had a 75 gal tank that i decided to paint the back on.. well.. ive got it sitting in my closet cause its big enough for it to fit, and i can still reach the few shirts i do hang.. i had to empty it, squeeze behind it push it out, and paint it.. i already had fish in and everything i had 2 trashcans inside that had a bag filled with water in my room while i painted it.. as soon as i finished i siphoned the water back into the tank.. and it was definitely worth the sweat to move that tank. :)

Alright all! A little update, not tank wise but equipment wise. Didn't make a mention of this earlier but I am attempting DIY CO2. It worked! At least until the diffuser fell of the side of the tank when I woke up this morning...-_-

Here is the diffuser I have (need to order another one because I seem to have broken one)

image-4072867655.jpg

*EDIT* Just kidding. Walked back to the tank and it's pumping out tiny, tiny bubbles. So far I'd highly recommend this diffuser. Found it on Amazon.

I'm just coming across this now. What lovely set ups.

I'm very jealous of your aquascaping talents.

Predfan27 said:
Alright all! A little update, not tank wise but equipment wise. Didn't make a mention of this earlier but I am attempting DIY CO2. It worked! At least until the diffuser fell of the side of the tank when I woke up this morning...-_-

Here is the diffuser I have (need to order another one because I seem to have broken one)

*EDIT* Just kidding. Walked back to the tank and it's pumping out tiny, tiny bubbles. So far I'd highly recommend this diffuser. Found it on Amazon.

I wish I was more technological to attempt DIY co2.

Back
Top Bottom